Author Topic: Editing midi recordings  (Read 10489 times)

Offline J. Larry

Editing midi recordings
« on: October 28, 2019, 07:22:41 PM »
Wonder why the SX 900 won’t hold edited changes to a “Quick” midi recording, when changes are made to the tempo, volume levels, and panning?  Done that a zillion times on the S975 with no problems.  On the SX 900, when you go to resave the song after editing, the prompt reads that to do so will overwrite what’s there.  I say “Yes” which is what I want to do.  Then, on playback, the song reverts back to all settings in the original recording.  Checked Chapter 5 in the reference manual, which only covers multichannel recording and step recording, not the quick recording.  I can’t believe the SX 900 can’t do what previous PSR models could do. 

Offline overover

Re: Editing midi recordings
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 08:37:59 PM »
Hi J. Larry,

the "Song Creator" of previous models is called "MIDI Multi Recording" in current models like PSR-SX and Genos.

And the function "Setup - - - > Apply" in Song Creator of PSR-S975/775/970/770 (to write made changes to a MIDI song before saving it newly) is called "Setup - - - > Execute" now (as known from older PSR-S models and Tyros models).

Please refer to SX900 Reference Manual, page 73 ("Recording Panel Setups to a Song") and Page 74 ("Editing Channel Events of existing Song Data"). There you will find the needed information.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:22:29 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »
Chris:  Many thanks for the helpful directions.  Works just as described.  I guess the SX 900 is, indeed, a baby Genos.  A few new paths to learn compared to the previous PSR days.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »
Chris:  Many thanks for the helpful directions.  Works just as described.  I guess the SX 900 is, indeed, a baby Genos.  A few new paths to learn compared to the previous PSR days.

Hi J. Larry,

thank you for your feedback!

I'm glad to could help you!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: chris45set