Author Topic: Very pleased  (Read 28966 times)

Offline Ingar

Very pleased
« on: October 26, 2019, 04:41:45 PM »
I`m very pleased with my sx 900 so far. I found some Genos tips on youtube, and that worked fine for sx 900 as well. Tyros 5 Musicfinder is in playlist, all registrations and other tings from Tyros.  It is a great little keyboard  :D

Best Regards Ingar

Offline Danny1972

Re: Very pleased
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 04:53:20 PM »
Hi Ingar,

I completely agree, it's a fantastic keyboard and I am loving mine as well. So much to explore, some really nice new features, beautiful sounding styles which also makes previous styles sound great too, it's compatible with virtually everything before it and even plays the exclusive Genos styles pretty well without much tweaking, plus all the Audio & Expansion Styles. All this in portable form, I don't think you can ask for anything more really!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 04:54:52 PM by Danny1972 »

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 07:54:13 PM »
Hi Ingar,
really enjoying mine too. Slowly learning how to do things like loading expansion paks, creating registrations and song lists. Bit of a learning curve as I’ve only been using korgs for the last 10 years, but enjoying it.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 09:24:24 PM »
So glad you are happy with it Ingar!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 12:53:53 AM »
Yes it is a great little keyboard.

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 06:42:16 PM »
I'm probably going to have to replace my S910 and the comments here are helpful for my decision making.   I only use it for creating Christian accompaniment tracks so the SX-900 is probably a bit of "overkill", but will likely go for it soon.

Thanks to all who've posted.
d.
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline rgw

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 06:01:13 PM »
If you don't want 76 keys, want on board speakers and something quite compact and you are short of cash, then you can't beat this keyboard. I think it takes the PSR Series to a higher level altogether.

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 06:25:43 PM »
That's good to know!
What did you have before the SX-900?
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

rcpilot

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 07:04:05 PM »
Dave, why not go for the SX700, if you don't need vocal processing?
Save a few coins....
Lee

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 10:01:44 PM »
Hi Lee,
You lose more than just the vocal processing, with the sx700, it doesn’t have chord looper, and is also possibly missing some sounds and styles as well, which may not actually be a concern for some.

Had it only been the vocal process missing, I would have chosen sx700 myself as I don’t sing.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:04:55 PM by rikkisbears »
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Lofty(dave)

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 10:09:44 PM »
Yes I am very pleased with mine too a very nice keyboard .I have the s970 before which I liked but it was the extra features . that made me go and change . havnt had a great deal of time to get on it this week owing to the Halloween on the heritage railway im a volunteer at been quite busy getting home rather tired but after this week no trains till the santa specials so next week can get down to it whoopee Lofty(Dave)

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 11:12:54 PM »
I’m liking the pristine, clear, clean sound of the styles and voices of the SX 900.  Don’t know what they did, but the bass parts and drums are more distinct, especially in recording.  Really like the choral voices they added.  Would have traded up for those alone.  Finally getting the vocal harmonizer to my liking.  Like others have said, you must tinker with it a while to get it to meet one’s preferences.  Hope the SX models are big sellers for Yamaha in that maybe, just maybe, with future models, they will provide more trickle down features from flagship models------so that buyers (like me) who prefer smaller, lighter keyboards (with speakers) can enjoy a high-end professional sound that’s not too costly.       

Offline Telmo

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2019, 12:08:24 AM »
Hi Lee,
You lose more than just the vocal processing, with the sx700, it doesn’t have chord looper, and is also possibly missing some sounds and styles as well, which may not actually be a concern for some.

Had it only been the vocal process missing, I would have chosen sx700 myself as I don’t sing.
Ditto, you will also miss all those choir doo bee doo mega voices and some nice guitar voices as well and also the 1GB memory space for your Expansion Packs and Audio Styles.
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."