Author Topic: Previous style settings of Tyros 4  (Read 24054 times)

Offline Lyndyloo

Previous style settings of Tyros 4
« on: October 22, 2019, 05:24:41 PM »
  Could someone please give me the instruments that were used on Tyros 4 for the song "More", I am not so keen on the Genos OTS setting's for this particular Rhumba. Love the Genos, great sounds & easy to tweak the sounds.

Lynda

Offline overover

Re: Previous style settings of Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 02:34:52 AM »
Hi Lynda,

in the original Tyros4 Music Finder file there are TWO records for the song "More":

1. played with the style "Rumba" (tempo 110)
2. played with the style "OrganBossa" (tempo 160)

Here are the settings of the OTS voices of both T4 Preset styles:
(In the column "Source Voice" are the original T4 voice names, in the column "Revoice to" are the recommended voices for the Genos.)

You could also use the original T4 styles and load it on Genos (to play with it or only to try out the OTS of these T4 styles). You can download the T4 Preset styles here (click on the CATEGORY names to get the zip files):

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/Tyros4/tyros_4.html

"Rumba" is in the "BALLROOM" category, "OrganBossa" is in the "LATIN" category.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:39:47 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 05:50:17 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thank you so very much for the OTS voices, I have now saved them & have my favourite  T4 sounds again :)
 I am finding my way round the Genos slowly, I think that when I get used to the newer sounds, I will enjoy the Genos more. I must admit though to my opinion some sounds do need a bit of tweaking to get the nicer sound quality of my old T4, I find the strings etc are sharper, but I can always go to the legacy  folders.

Many Thanks
      Lynda

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »
Same here. I just got the Genos, and it needs some adjustments. But very easy to use, I like it a lot!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 08:54:43 PM »
 Hi Toril,
  Yes it is a great keyboard, so much to learn, but with so many clever people on this site & plenty of videos on YouTube we should soon get familiarized with our lovely Genos.
     Lynda :)

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 09:14:57 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thank you so very much for the OTS voices, I have now saved them & have my favourite  T4 sounds again :)
 I am finding my way round the Genos slowly, I think that when I get used to the newer sounds, I will enjoy the Genos more. I must admit though to my opinion some sounds do need a bit of tweaking to get the nicer sound quality of my old T4, I find the strings etc are sharper, but I can always go to the legacy  folders.

Many Thanks
      Lynda

Hi Lynda,

thank you for your quick feedback! I'm glad to could help you.

Yes, there are many good voices in the Legacy folder(s). :)

P.S.
You can also tweak the new Genos "Panel" voices a little bit, for example if the "new" voices are too "sharp" for your ears: You can use the Part EQ (cut the High EQ Band a little) and / or reduce the Filter Cutoff Frequency a little (in Mixer or in Voice Edit).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Lyndyloo, Toril S

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 05:37:29 PM »
Hi Chris,

Sorry to be a pain, but where did you get the Tyros4 OTS list of instruments  that were used, as I really miss so many of the original  sounds on OTS, many have changed on the Genos, some much better, others  not so for me, I have trouble layering sounds I usually find sounds I like by playing other styles & saving them. I have had the Genos for approx a month now, I still get frustrated  that I have to change so many of the voices, I got so comfortable  playing the T4, I suppose you could say I don't  like change  ;) like a comfy old pair of slippers :)
  I think that once I can get to the sounds that I like on the Genos, I would enjoy it so much more.

Lynda

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
Genos has large menory. So you could just download the T4 styles into it so they are close at hand. I did that😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

The following users thanked this post: Lyndyloo

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »
 Hi Toril,'
      Yes I have downloaded the T4 styles & yes some styles e.g 'come fly with me'  sound exactly  the same but say for instance on Rhumba2 the song More sounded completely  different, not so rich, than instruments played  on the T4 . Chris provided me with a list on instruments  used from T4 to Genos, just wondered where it was from. How are you getting on with your Genos? I have altered the Master settings a wee bit, I found the mellow sound on EQ helped a lot with the resonance  on the satellite  speakers too.

Lynda

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 06:29:48 PM »
Hello Lynda. Great! I am getting on well with the Genos, but you are right, not all styles sound the same.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »
Hi Chris,
... where did you get the Tyros4 OTS list of instruments  that were used? ...

Hi Lynda,

I used Jørgen Sørensen's PC (Windows) program "OTS Editor":

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/otseditor/index.htm

Note: To run this program, the so called "Java Runtime Environment" must be installed on your computer:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,52438.msg410307.html#msg410307

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:23:15 PM by overover »

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 04:51:56 PM »

Thanks Chris, much appreciated,  I shall be on that computer  tonight :), you're  a star.

Lynda