Author Topic: Genos V2.0 the 15th November 2019  (Read 251060 times)

Re: Genos V2.0 the 15th November 2019
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »
Good one, Vali.

I was also going to suggest that he disable his antivirus software during the download. I'm not sure if a text file travels with a file after it is scanned by antivirus software, telling the antivirus software that "everything is okay." If I'm right, that file would alter the update just enough to screw things up.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2019, 10:06:33 AM »
... Just another route to take, I find it hard to believe its a Genos fault.

Genos v 1.40 to 1.41 Update quote:

-The function "Part On/Off" (for the Left, Right 1, Right 2, Right 3 or Mic part) is newly assignable to the foot pedals.

-Fixed a problem in which the detail settings of the "Part On/Off" function for each one of the ASSIGNABLE buttons would not be loaded properly from the Registration Memory or System Backup.

-Fixed a problem in which some assignable Functions on the MIDI External Controller display would not work properly.

-Fixed a problem in which the firmware update does not work properly in certain situations.

-Fixed other problems.

I don't find it hard ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2019, 10:14:46 AM »
I’ve done all the procedures recommended
Used Yamaha approved usb
Formatted usb on genos,
Downloaded to root file from Mac and also  from Windows on another occasion.
Put usb into Genos
Pressed appropriate start up buttons
Genos can’t read or see the update file.

Did you compare the two files?

You have a downloaded file on a USB, and the file on the USB Yamaha created. Compare them. If they’re not the same, then the problem is the downloading.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline voodoo

« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2019, 04:09:00 PM »
Genos v 1.40 to 1.41 Update quote:

I don't find it hard ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali,

that's the whole point in this case. It's probably no user fault, but some circumstances that have been fixed by Yamaha.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »
hi

Christmas is definitly here as Cubase is now 10.5 and genos being updated  WOW!!! :) "All happied up"!!!
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline valimaties

« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2019, 07:49:20 PM »
Vali,

that's the whole point in this case. It's probably no user fault, but some circumstances that have been fixed by Yamaha.

Uli

Uli, those discussions about fault of installing Genos updates was on 1.40 version. A lot of users has this problem installing 1.40 update. Now it is 1.41, which they said it fixed the problem, which, definitely, was NOT a user fault. Now, he try installing 1.41 version, but he has the same issue as 1.40, this is what I understand. In this case, seems some series of Genos has another problem, which they did not solved in 1.41 update file.
This is what I understand, if is NOT an unzipped process fault. That's why I say to him to check the unzipped file's hash. This is the only way to see that GenosSetup.Prg file is the correct one.

BE AWARE: These days a new Ransomware virus is walking on the www  :-\ ... Take care of what emails attaching files you open! Check twice the sender's mail address, to be sure it is the correct mail (the all address "abc@acb.com")

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Alfred59

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2019, 08:17:02 PM »
The Mac automatically unzips the folder which I put as  the root file on the usb and which has  nothing else on it. I don’t have the unzipped files’ hash as the Mac doesn’t generate one. I have used brand new usb’s approved by Yamaha and formatted  them on the Genos. I have reset the Genos using the method given to me  by Chris and which is not for publication on the forum. All to no avail. I will   see what happens on Friday when V2 is published and will let you know if I’m successful. Thank you  to everyone for your suggestions.
Alfred

Alfred59

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »
Fred
Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve looked at the files and they are both the same.
A

Offline valimaties

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2019, 09:14:49 PM »
The Mac automatically unzips the folder which I put as  the root file on the usb and which has  nothing else on it. I don’t have the unzipped files’ hash as the Mac doesn’t generate one. I have used brand new usb’s approved by Yamaha and formatted  them on the Genos. I have reset the Genos using the method given to me  by Chris and which is not for publication on the forum. All to no avail. I will   see what happens on Friday when V2 is published and will let you know if I’m successful. Thank you  to everyone for your suggestions.
Alfred

Alfred, Mac does not need to give you the hash information. I gave you a link (up, in my post). Access that link and upload your Mac unzipped file. It will give you a hash string. Compare to what I gave you in my post, it has to be the same!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2019, 09:25:24 PM »
Fred
Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve looked at the files and they are both the same.
A

Amazing that one works, and one doesn't. Will be interesting to see what happens with 2.0.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Mike2

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2019, 10:53:20 PM »
I just hope that all of these expectations, with the V2.0 works out. If not there will be many depressed
musicians who do play and enjoy the Genos, and going forward after the update, could be very bummed out,
if the update doesn't full fill their expectations. In the end, for me, it's all about playing this incredible Yamaha Keyboard, The Genos.
How much better, can we imagine and want from this keyboard.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2019, 02:07:55 AM »
I just hope that all of these expectations, with the V2.0 works out. If not there will be many depressed
musicians who do play and enjoy the Genos, and going forward after the update, could be very bummed out,
if the update doesn't full fill their expectations. In the end, for me, it's all about playing this incredible Yamaha Keyboard, The Genos.
How much better, can we imagine and want from this keyboard.

It’s free. How can anyone be unhappy with a free update?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Bachus

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2019, 05:50:11 AM »
It’s free. How can anyone be unhappy with a free update?

Cheers,
Fred

If it breaks things or fixes things that where not broken?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:51:39 AM by Bachus »

Offline voodoo

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2019, 08:07:33 AM »
There is already a Genos 2.0 demo available on Youtube. But is will be released not before Friday 9 CET.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-kwr_wJdM&feature=youtu.be

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline marcodg

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »
Less than 16 hours to go.
I am ready. I have already made my 3Gb Expansions pack.
Countdown...
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline valimaties

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »
Less than 16 hours to go.
I am ready. I have already made my 3Gb Expansions pack.
Countdown...

;D ;D ;D

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »
.... How much better, can we imagine and want from this keyboard.

Where does the imagination and desire for progress and developement stop?
It's the users whishes, exploration and feedback that make that Yamaha and others fix and add more possabilities to all that's already there.
Every time we think it's not much more to add, we get surprised by all new stuff we get. I hope this developements continue, it's exciting. 😊👍

Example (Personal wishlist):
We can see left hand played chords at the screen.
I'm not any good at read or play stright out off musicsheet, need some time to rehearsal. When chords for a song is glued in my mind ain a certain key, it might happen I need to transpose.
In that case, I would like to see in display what chords comes out off the keyboard and not the actually played ones. An option to swap what show up in display, played or sounding chords, would be great.
Yamaha support told me that this was complete impossible to do, and the engineers would not listen if they delivered the wish.
As long as there is other brands that shows the chords we hear at the display when transpose, it's probably not impossible. Probably not many users that miss it or see any benefit, or simply that the right person has not mentioned it to the engineers.
We'll never know what happens next, maybe an option at next update? 😎
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline valimaties

« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2019, 12:57:45 PM »
Where does the imagination and desire for progress and developement stop?
It's the users whishes, exploration and feedback that make that Yamaha and others fix and add more possabilities to all that's already there.
Every time we think it's not much more to add, we get surprised by all new stuff we get. I hope this developements continue, it's exciting. 😊👍

Example (Personal wishlist):
We can see left hand played chords at the screen.
I'm not any good at read or play stright out off musicsheet, need some time to rehearsal. When chords for a song is glued in my mind ain a certain key, it might happen I need to transpose.
In that case, I would like to see in display what chords comes out off the keyboard and not the actually played ones. An option to swap what show up in display, played or sounding chords, would be great.
Yamaha support told me that this was complete impossible to do, and the engineers would not listen if they delivered the wish.
As long as there is other brands that shows the chords we hear at the display when transpose, it's probably not impossible. Probably not many users that miss it or see any benefit, or simply that the right person has not mentioned it to the engineers.
We'll never know what happens next, maybe an option at next update? 😎

Exactly, Korg is doing in this way, it shows transposed chord, not the pressed one!

They could make something like that :

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »
Exactly, Korg is doing in this way, it shows transposed chord, not the pressed one!

Yeah, and so did Roland BK7-M when connected KMA via midi. (Sold it, so don't help much now)

Looks like I'm not the only one that would like this feature, and I think the programmers would have a easy task to make it happen. 👍😊
But, if they don't know about users whishes at the developement department, we'll probably never get it.
Let's see if this forum is monitored. 🙄
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Toril S

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2019, 02:39:28 PM »
Count me in!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2019, 03:12:21 PM »
Not a bad idea, Jonny. How do they handle a chord such as an A7(b9) that already has brackets? All those brackets could get confusing. It would look something like:

A7(b9) (G7(b9))

Kind of confusing at a quick glance. For me, they would need to put the chords in two different colored boxes.

"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ton37

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2019, 04:19:56 PM »
Did you happen to read if this update is irreversible? Although almost no one will want to do that? But just good to know, I guess?
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2019, 04:30:46 PM »
Not a bad idea, Jonny. How do they handle a chord such as an A7(b9) that already has brackets? All those brackets could get confusing. It would look something like:

A7(b9) (G7(b9))

Kind of confusing at a quick glance. For me, they would need to put the chords in two different colored boxes.

Only the chord that we hear will be enough for me, as we see at other brands, but if possible to choose between pressed and outgoing chord would be great. 😎
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Toril S

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2019, 05:31:21 PM »
Updates are irreversible I think.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline frozzers

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2019, 06:07:26 PM »
Presumably a factory reset puts the keyboard back to v1.0 so that must be a way of 'reversing' any update ...

Cheers

Chris

Offline BartW

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »
Presumably a factory reset puts the keyboard back to v1.0 so that must be a way of 'reversing' any update ...

I don't think so. Factory reset erases all contents and settings but does not revert the firmware back. Works like this in every device. When you reset your phone or iPad to factory settings, the latest OS remains on it.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »
Yes. That is how it works.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2019, 07:29:55 PM »
As I showed in that picture, It was an idea, thinking that some users might know which is the transposed chord and which is the pressed one! They can replace brackets with "[]" ;)
But, as Jonny said, it could be only the transposed chord, as other brands shows when you transpose the keyboard.
The choice of showing could be user's one, in general setting it could be a radio button
  • Show Original Chord
  • Show Transposed Chord
  • Show Both O [T]
;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny

Offline metcam

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2019, 08:36:05 PM »

The choice of showing could be user's one, in general setting it could be a radio button
  • Show Original Chord
  • Show Transposed Chord
  • Show Both O [T]
;)

Regards,
Vali

Very nice idea Vali...

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline marcodg

Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline valimaties

Vali Maties - Genos