Author Topic: Would this expansion Pack work?  (Read 76221 times)

Offline Danny1972

Would this expansion Pack work?
« on: October 22, 2019, 04:06:01 PM »
Hello,

As there is no possible way to extract the audio styles from my PSR S975, I noticed they are actually for sale anyway. I am only really interested in the Latin styles.

I tried to select them to buy, I even went through the compatibility check and it selected the XT5 version which is fine.

The only problem is when I go to buy it, it gives me a warning saying that this file may not work on my keyboard. However, I was thinking the format of the file would be the same as those T5 Audio styles that are free downloads?

Here is the link to the pack I want anyway:

https://uk.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/latin-audio-styles-7

If anybody knows for sure if I can convert them to play in my SX900 then I will go ahead and buy them.

Thanks very much,
Danny

Offline marcodg

Re: Would this expansion Pack work?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 04:16:11 PM »
I could tell you for sureit could play on your PSR SX900 since this accept Audio Style play from the USB. But there where a Bug for 2 months on the Yamaha musicsoft there could not allow to buy this Pack for Genos. I don't know if it work for tyros 5. I wanted in my Genos the Latin Audio Styles (Especially the Bossa nova and the Salsa Gran Cyclon) from my old psr s970. I called the Yamaha support because the Pack i was bought was not the one i downloaded. They cancelled my order and said that this pack could not be bought at the time. So i hope you will have more chance.
kind regards
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 12:44:19 AM »
Hi Danny,
I was looking thru MusicSoft  the other day, seemed to be a heap of paks available, but as soon as I put in which keyboard I wanted it for, a heap of them dissapeared.
I’m new to this, but maybe safer to stay away from it, maybe they’ll come up with a version for sx?

Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 01:46:52 PM »
I have found that all my Genos packs have loaded in my SX900 OK but I have not tried Audio styles because I don't use them much.

Offline Telmo

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »
Hello,

As there is no possible way to extract the audio styles from my PSR S975, I noticed they are actually for sale anyway. I am only really interested in the Latin styles.

I tried to select them to buy, I even went through the compatibility check and it selected the XT5 version which is fine.

The only problem is when I go to buy it, it gives me a warning saying that this file may not work on my keyboard. However, I was thinking the format of the file would be the same as those T5 Audio styles that are free downloads?

Here is the link to the pack I want anyway:

https://uk.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/latin-audio-styles-7

If anybody knows for sure if I can convert them to play in my SX900 then I will go ahead and buy them.

Thanks very much,
Danny
Danny, you don't need to buy them. They are all available for free on the Yamaha Official extra contents for Genos. They are the audio styles found on the Tyros 5 and Psr-S970. Don't need to buy them.
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 10:16:53 PM »
Thank you Telmo,
I’ll check into those too.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Telmo

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 10:35:13 PM »
Thank you Telmo,
I’ll check into those too.
Rikki, check over here where I posted the link for downloading all Audio Styles: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,52205.0.html

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 11:19:06 PM »
Quote from: Telmo
Danny, you don't need to buy them. They are all available for free on the Yamaha Official extra contents for Genos. They are the audio styles found on the Tyros 5 and Psr-S970. Don't need to buy them.

Hi Telmo,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already compared the T5 Audio styles vs the S975 ones and they are different. There are a couple that are the same, but the majority of them are different.

I doubt that the ones I want will become free downloads because Yamaha has them for sale already so I can't seem Yamaha pulling them off from sale for free downloads.

The Audio Styles on the S975 are:

Batucada
Brazilian Bossa Nova
Cuban Cha-Cha
Rumba Flamenco
Salsa Gran Ciclon
Tango Flamenco

Apart from Tango Flamenco, the rest are not in the T5 as Audio.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 12:04:47 AM »
Rikki, check over here where I posted the link for downloading all Audio Styles: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,52205.0.html
Thank you Telmo
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Telmo

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 12:09:15 AM »
Hi Telmo,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already compared the T5 Audio styles vs the S975 ones and they are different. There are a couple that are the same, but the majority of them are different.

I doubt that the ones I want will become free downloads because Yamaha has them for sale already so I can't seem Yamaha pulling them off from sale for free downloads.

The Audio Styles on the S975 are:

Batucada
Brazilian Bossa Nova
Cuban Cha-Cha
Rumba Flamenco
Salsa Gran Ciclon
Tango Flamenco

Apart from Tango Flamenco, the rest are not in the T5 as Audio.
I'm telling you. I downloaded all of the Audio Styles from Tyros5 and Psr-S970. I have all of them free of charge.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline marcodg

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 02:04:18 AM »
I'm telling you. I downloaded all of the Audio Styles from Tyros5 and Psr-S970. I have all of them free of charge.

Hi Telmo
There are 20 styles that are different from the free one you have in yamahamusicsoft. There are not free and there you have these audio styles exclusivly from Psr s950, S970, and S975. There are 10 other Audio styles from the psr that are not either on purchase, or available for t5/Genos.
The one you have of T5 is only avalaible on purchase. I wanted to buy this but i couldn't.
You get it perhaps with promotion code or free pack for buying your t5. But the free Audio styles on yamahamusicsoft are not what he want.
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 02:05:10 AM »
Thanks Telmo, where did you get them from?? I can't find them.

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 03:25:45 AM »
Hi,
I couldn’t find them either, I downloaded the other paks, maybe they have been removed?
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Telmo

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 11:55:10 AM »
Thanks Telmo, where did you get them from?? I can't find them.
Hi,
I couldn’t find them either, I downloaded the other paks, maybe they have been removed?

Hello Danny and Rikki, just follow my easy steps how to get there:

First go to this Link: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

1) When you get to this site you will have to scroll down to the bottom of the page. Just follow the Red Arrow going down. Check Attached Print 1.

2) Just keep going down, focus, you won't miss, follow the Red Arrow. Chech Attached Print 2.

3) Are you guys following me?? Follow the Red Arrow. Very easy. Check Attached Print 3.

4) Come on, don't give up now. You are almost there, just follow the Red Arrow. Check Attached Print 4.

5) And Finally, you will able to see them. Behold the Audio Styles. Follow the Red Circle. Check Attached Print 5.

6) After downloading them open you YEM and create a Pack and Load them into your SX900. When you have them in your SX900, for safety, you can copy them to a usb-stick.

Happy Journey.  :) :) ;) ;) :D :D

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »
Hi Telmo,

the (Latin) Audio styles in your second picture of Reply #9 (that are in a folder "A.Style_Latin_T5" on your keyboard) are obviously NOT from the Tyros5 (but from PSR-S970/975). And these Styles are also NOT in the ppf Packs that can be downloaded on the Genos download page:

Batucada
Brazilian Bossa Nova
Cuban Cha-Cha
Rumba Flamenco
Salsa Gran Ciclon
Tango Flamenco

Where can these styles be downloaded (to bring them on a Genos or PSR-SX)? (To my knowledge, Audio styles can NOT be copied / saved to a USB stick on PSR-S970/975 (but only to the internal USER drive).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 12:52:11 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Telmo

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 12:52:38 PM »
Hi Telmo,

the (Latin) Audio styles in your second picture of Reply #9 (that are in a folder "A.Style_Latin_T5" on your keyboard) are obviously NOT from the Tyros5 (but from PSR-S970/975). And these Styles are NOT in the ppf Packs that can be downloaded on the Genos download page:

Batucada
Brazilian Bossa Nova
Cuban Cha-Cha
Rumba Flamenco
Salsa Gran Ciclon
Tango Flamenco

Where can these styles be downloaded (to bring them on a Genos or PSR-SX)? (To my knowledge, Audio styles can NOT be copied / saved to a USB stick on PSR-S970/975 (but only to the internal USER drive).

Best regards,
Chris
You are mistaken, once you have the Audio Styles in your User bank on the SX900, you can edit the accompanyment tracks and copy them to the USB Stick. I've done many times.

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 12:58:58 PM »
You are mistaken, once you have the Audio Styles in your User bank on the SX900, you can edit the accompanyment tracks and copy them to the USB Stick. I've done many times.

Yes, when the Audio styles are on the SX900 ... ;)

But how can one get the internal Audio styles on a S970/975 to a USB stick?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Telmo

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 01:01:24 PM »
Hi Telmo,

the (Latin) Audio styles in your second picture of Reply #9 (that are in a folder "A.Style_Latin_T5" on your keyboard) are obviously NOT from the Tyros5 (but from PSR-S970/975). And these Styles are also NOT in the ppf Packs that can be downloaded on the Genos download page:

Batucada
Brazilian Bossa Nova
Cuban Cha-Cha
Rumba Flamenco
Salsa Gran Ciclon
Tango Flamenco

Best regards,
Chris
Ok, if you say so, no argue, but I guess, I'm the lucky one, cause I have downloaded all of Audio Styles from Tyros 5 and S975 into my SX-900 and I'm just having a good time.

Offline Telmo

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 01:02:35 PM »
Yes, when the Audio styles are on the SX900 ... ;)

But how can one get the internal Audio styles on a S970/975 to a USB stick?

Best regards,
Chris
After downloading them open you YEM and create a Pack and Load them into your SX900. When you have them in your SX900, for safety, you can copy them to a usb-stick.

Offline overover

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 01:12:19 PM »
After downloading them open you YEM and create a Pack and Load them into your SX900. When you have them in your SX900, for safety, you can copy them to a usb-stick.

Yes, BUT as I mentioned before, the Packs that can be downloaded on the Genos download page contain only the Tyros5 Audio styles.

Therefore the same question again: HOW can one bring the S970/975 Audio styles (in case of the LATIN category "Batucada, Brazilian Bossa Nova, Cuban Cha-Cha, Rumba Flamenco, Salsa Gran Ciclon, Tango Flamenco) to USB (and to a Genos / SX900)?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:32:41 PM by overover »

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2019, 01:16:00 PM »
Hi Telmo,

I tried again to download those exact files you mentioned from the Genos downloads just in case they had updated it but I am still only seeing the T5 Latin Audio styles and NOT the S970/S975 styles, see my picture below:

As you can see its just the one Latin pack from the T5, there are no other Latin packs to download. This means you must have had this from somewhere else not officially.

I don't know what else I can try.

Offline marcodg

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2019, 01:32:46 PM »
Hi Telmo,

I tried again to download those exact files you mentioned from the Genos downloads just in case they had updated it but I am still only seeing the T5 Latin Audio styles and NOT the S970/S975 styles, see my picture below:

As you can see its just the one Latin pack from the T5, there are no other Latin packs to download. This means you must have had this from somewhere else not officially.

I don't know what else I can try.
I already give you the answer on my top comment.
Tyros 5 Audio styles are free for Download. PSR Audio style are on sell only in Yamaha Musicsoft. I think for buying a new tyros 5 you could have two pack your choice for free. So i think so or with some promocode could Telmo the free pack Download. I could not get this pack for my Genos because there is a bug that give you Audio dance instead of Latin Audio.
So the only way to get it is to try to buy the Tyros 5 version and install it on the PSR SX900.
https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/latin-audio-styles-7

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »
I already give you the answer on my top comment.

Thank you for your reply, yes I had already wrote the reply earlier on as I knew you cannot download this pack but can only buy it, all I was doing was reiterating my point to Telmo because I didn't think he was seeing what I meant. Then you guys came along and just confirmed what I had been saying all along.

The whole point of why I created this thread was that someone could confirm if the pack would work in my SX900 before I purchased it, and actually if anything the fact that Telmo has it in his list shows that it can, so we got there in the end with the answer.

Thanks,
Danny.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:00:08 PM by Danny1972 »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 05:46:54 PM »
Hi Danny,
  You can not take Audio Styles directly of off the 970. There are eight packs to download and the styles you mention are there. I have them. Once you have these packs saved to USB you no longer need them on the keyboard.

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 03:03:42 AM »
Thank you for all your help Telmo.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

saxxman

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 07:14:48 PM »
Thanks so much Telmo! You are a wonderful asset to this forum!  Definitely appreciate your help in identifying the source for the audio styles and the methods to install them! Thanks again!
Randy