Author Topic: New member  (Read 35308 times)

stlpianoman

« on: October 19, 2019, 10:17:05 PM »
Hello, I'm not sure of what I am doing. I am new here so please bare with me.
My name is Mark and I am 67 years old and live in St. Louis mo.
I have played professionally since 1970. I just retired from the Hideaway Lounge here in St. Louis after 31 years working 4 nights a week doing piano bar work.
The Hideaway is a piano bar lounge since 1954, the oldest piano bar in St. Louis.
In 2004 we retired the old Yamaha acoustic piano and replaced it with the Yamaha P90 digital piano.
Later on, we added the Yamaha Tyros 3, then the 4, and later the 5.
The P90 on the bottom and the Tyros on the top.
Also, I used the Alesis SR18 drum machine and the Roland PK5 bass pedals.
At the present time in my home studio I have the following keyboards. Yamaha P90, P125 dgx660 Psrs975, Tyros5  and the Genos.
If you wish to listen to some of my music, vissit my webpage.
http://www.markdew.com
I am looking forward in meeting you all and learning about you and your music.
I am not sure actually, how to navigate this site so bare with me.
Just so you would know, I am a blind user and I use a special speech software on my computer inorder to interact with it.
At any rate, I am glad to be here and I know it will be a great experience.
Mark or stlpianoman.

Offline Del B

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 11:31:35 PM »
Hi Mark
Welcome to the forum you have some great keyboards and by the sounds of your performances you know your way around them, I listen to a few songs on your web page and Judy has a lovey voice too.
I hope you enjoy your stay to this great forum if you have any questions feel free to ask there will someone here who can help.

Del
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:37:57 AM by Del B »

stlpianoman

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 04:45:12 AM »
I hope I am doing this right. There is so much on the screen for my screen reader software to disciple. Maybe you can help. How to I start a bran new post? Also, thanks for replying to my new member post.
Mark stlpianoman

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 05:05:04 AM »
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your plethora of Yamaha keyboards here on the forum.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 85,000 plus song titles in almost 2,300 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline RoyceM

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 05:13:10 AM »
Hello Mark,

Welcome to our wonderful meeting place.  I listened to some of your music posted on your website.  I'm very impressed.  Your experience might be instructive for many of us on multiple levels.

I hope you will spend a lot of time with us.

- Royce
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:51:33 AM by RoyceM »
DGX-305, Roland E60, S900, S910, S975, Center Point Stereo Spacestation V.3, Bose L1 Compact
PSR Performer page

Online Toril S

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 06:46:04 AM »
Hello Mark! Welcome to this wonderful forum! You make wonderful music. I am also visually impaired, and use magnifying software to be able to read the screen. I have Tyros 5, S975, and I just bought the Genos!! I was very sceptical to Genos because of the touch screen, but it goes much better than I anticipated.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline alans

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 09:50:47 AM »
Hi Mark and welcome to this wonderful forum

You have my ultimate respect as regarding your impaired vision,I can hardly imagine how difficult it must  be to operate a keyboard and play good music with those disadvantages,although on this forum there seems to be quite a number of people suffering impaired sight,even myself I am beginning to lose some clarity of sight due to cataracts.
You have some lovely equipment to use and any help or advice  you need will be available here.

Best wishes

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 10:22:10 AM »
I hope I am doing this right. There is so much on the screen for my screen reader software to disciple. Maybe you can help. How to I start a bran new post? Also, thanks for replying to my new member post.
Mark stlpianoman

To start a brand new post, you must first navigate to the specific forum you want to post in. The easiest way to do that is to start at the forum's Home page, which has a list of different categories and the forums in each category.

For example, you have a Genos, so let's suppose you want to start a new topic about the Genos. From the Home page, you would go down to the Genos category, which has 10 boards in it. You would then select the specific board you want to post in-- say, the Genos Recording & Song Player board.

Once you are in the board where you want to add a new post, there will be a button at the top of the list of topics which says New Topic. Click on that button and you will be able to start a new topic.

I hope that is enough information to get you started. And I hope you enjoy your time here with us! :)