Author Topic: Foot pedals  (Read 36729 times)

Leob

Foot pedals
« on: October 19, 2019, 04:05:40 PM »
I am loosing my setting for the foot pedals once I shut down the S 970. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Leo

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Foot pedals
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 04:18:37 PM »
I am loosing my setting for the foot pedals once I shut down the S 970. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Nothing. That's the way it works.

The standard solution is to create a setup registration which sets up the keyboard the way you want. Then load the registration every time you power on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Leob

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
Thanks Fred!

Leob

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 09:47:58 PM »
The settings I would need to copy to all other future registration and if Registration button 1 is already occupied with something.....the foot pedal sttings do not take effect anymore?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 10:56:33 PM »
The settings I would need to copy to all other future registration and if Registration button 1 is already occupied with something.....the foot pedal sttings do not take effect anymore?

First, you can have an unlimited number of registrations. You just save them on a USB stick, or User memory, etc.

Second, if you want a particular setting, or settings, to be global, you do two things:
1. Put them in your setup registration.
2. Don't memorize them in any other registration. Using the pedal as an example, for every other registration, you ensure that the Pedal box is not checked when you memorize the registration. That way, none of the registrations will change your setup.

Cheers,
Fred

PS. More information is available in my registration lessons -- link in my signature.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Leob

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 02:04:51 PM »
Thank you much!😊

Leob

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »
Hello again Fred,
I followed your great advice and have created a new registration for foot pedal one to select sustain and pedal 2 to be used to control volume. I could safe it and call it back up. However, now selecting some registrations with styles etc. I am loosing my foot pedales. Copying it to the USB stick did not help either after I first called up foot pedals and then a different registration.....where am I going wrong here?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 08:41:59 PM »
Hello again Fred,
I followed your great advice and have created a new registration for foot pedal one to select sustain and pedal 2 to be used to control volume. I could safe it and call it back up. However, now selecting some registrations with styles etc. I am loosing my foot pedales. Copying it to the USB stick did not help either after I first called up foot pedals and then a different registration.....where am I going wrong here?

That's because your other registrations have been memorized with pedal settings. So they set the pedal, because that's what you told them to do.

Your best bet is to re-memorize your registrations, ensuring the Pedal group is unchecked.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Leob

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »
Trying that right now! Thanks for your patience!