Author Topic: Save Drum setup settings as a new revo kit voice??  (Read 11161 times)

Offline Teknoss

Save Drum setup settings as a new revo kit voice??
« on: October 16, 2019, 01:49:55 AM »
Please READ my publication first.
 I know that this does NOT come in the manual, and that it is not normally possible.
 But I am looking for ways to "hack" the system, in this case I think it might be possible through sysex.

Scenario: I need a specific drum kit that I did in drum setup and I want those same settings in several styles.
 It is very difficult to make the same adjustments manually in each style, so I began to investigate the possibility of doing it with Sysex, making a Revo drum voice and using that Revo drum in the styles.

Let's understand that a voice is only a midi file with parameters but with the extension renamed to .sa .vce .sa2 .rvd etc and in this case a revo kit is .rvd.
 So I've been trying to implement the same settings on a .rvd by editing the voice and implementing the drum setup parameters from the style, but without success.
 Any ideas on this?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 03:22:14 PM by Teknoss »
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Rolo

Re: Save Drum setup settings to a new revo kit voice??
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 06:06:26 AM »
I understand the challenge well. I also need to get saved changes in Revo drums.
The drums are edited in style record, drum edit, so the feature exists.
Yamaha needs to come up with a solution where this can be saved as the user drumSet.
Than you can use it i different styles, and in midifiles.
Hope this feature comes in the next update, otherwise the Buyer Drum Machine as a supplement😀