Author Topic: Fav. styles  (Read 46468 times)

blackpool

Fav. styles
« on: October 13, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »
The last thread sort of got diverted

so just in case you might miss this info - got onto favs. and naming styles ....  here's my 2d on it .....

The favourite button is VERY useful to highlight the styles you use most/like - give that a try if you have not spotted it - ( Long press on individual style choice and it will light yellow on side )

If you down load all the music finder files from  PSR tutorial you will have over 7000 ready made song titles each with its own reg bank saved and NAMED ready to button one with OTS  you can then simply edit and re save to the whole bank what you like ( They are just in 3 files A to Z and takes about 10 mins to load/convert each )....A REAL no brainer for making this board 'plug and play'

It is called 'creating a playlist from MF'  but folk don't realise it automatically creates a ready made reg. bank for each MF record as well, as it generates a playlist,
Which BTW I just then delete and then save to a new playlist the reg files i like - avoiding playlisting all the deadwood in the 3 massive files..

i did it on my genos and it works on this SX

see demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nB6ntNgJhM

keith
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:15:10 PM by blackpool »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Re: Fav. styles
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »
Thank you Keith,
I’ll have to take note of that.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 12:08:16 PM »
Have you also downloaded the bonus playlists from Yamaha download site.

blackpool

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »
yes - have done but oddly the thing would not open but it did the regis no probs, so thats all that matters i have it and can make a new playlist with the stuff from them i want.  like MF i only deleted the PL anyway and worked from the regis.

Keith 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
You have to use the playlists from USB1. Select a category like Ballroom and the press Playlist button and it opens up to give you all the songs. Just select one and press enter and away you go.

blackpool

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 12:30:44 PM »
Thanks - oddly like MF playlists do, this wont load from the playlist itself... but I have the matching regis to it in user for this playlist and they have loaded there fine -and they all work .

I dont tend to use the actual 'playlist' when loaded but more the regis it generates for each from a particular playlist and then simply make a new playlist with just the ones i want using the regis....if you get my drift

Thanks Keith

konaboy

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »
I'm not quite following but this seems like a good resource to install on the PSR.
Could somebody please link to the exact file that I should import, I'm confused between all the different formats and models.
thanks

blackpool

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 10:06:55 PM »
Hi there ... This is a genos and SX function and not available on PSR models 
It just transfers MF files from PSR /tyros models to these models.
So - yes there is a favourite function on psr MF files but not the same as how it works on SX / genos

Hope that makes sense. This is a category for SX700/900 so maybe that's where the mix up is

Regards Keith

konaboy

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 10:29:37 PM »
Hi blackpool, terminology perhaps but the SX is a PSR!
What file should be imported into the PSR-SX...? :)

blackpool

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 11:35:25 PM »
Standard Music finder files ( MF )  from psrs/tyros keyboards can now be copied to genos or psrsx to then convert to a playlist and provide a registration bank on these 2 types of instrument only in the range.

Keith