Author Topic: Share files from PSR S keyboard to PSR E333  (Read 14414 times)

Share files from PSR S keyboard to PSR E333
« on: October 12, 2019, 04:17:46 PM »
Good evening, I have the PSR S970 as my main keyboard, but my aunt gave me a PSR E333 yesterday, so I want to copy some files from one keyboard to the other. Obviously I know that PSR E doesn’t have megavoices, super articulation voices,etc but How about standard styles or midi files? Is possible to share midi files or style files between these two keyboards? Can I use yamaha musicsoft downloader to do it?

SeaGtGruff

Re: Share files from PSR S keyboard to PSR E333
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »
Yes, you can use Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader to transfer Standard MIDI Files (SMFs) and Yamaha style files to the PSR-E333. Whether they will play as expected is another matter.

The SMFs should be less of a problem, although you'll probably need to revoice them for the PSR-E333.

The style files will most likely be more of a problem, because you'll probably need to convert the style files from SFF2 to SFF1, then reorganize their sections, and then revoice them.

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 02:07:30 PM »
Yes, you can use Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader to transfer Standard MIDI Files (SMFs) and Yamaha style files to the PSR-E333. Whether they will play as expected is another matter.

The SMFs should be less of a problem, although you'll probably need to revoice them for the PSR-E333.

The style files will most likely be more of a problem, because you'll probably need to convert the style files from SFF2 to SFF1, then reorganize their sections, and then revoice them.

I can’t do that, the keyboard doesn’t recognize the styles :(

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »
Did you:

- Convert from SFF2 to SFF1?
- Remove unusable sections to reduce the file size?
- Revoice to use only valid PSR-E333 voices?

Another thing:

- Rename to .STY extension?
- Rename to remove any extra periods preceding the extension (such as where the icon ID is given)?