Author Topic: Genos Vocal Harmony Fault?  (Read 5047 times)

Offline OmbDave

Genos Vocal Harmony Fault?
« on: October 09, 2019, 10:19:43 PM »
I desperately hope someone can help me, I have just bought a new Genos which has O/S 1.41 already loaded as an upgrade to my Tyros3 and I've come across what for me is a major problem.
When I record my midi files, I always record a a sustained chord track to be used by the vocal harmoniser only on the parts where I have recorded the chords. I then save whatever that track number is to the VH settings along with whatever harmony type I choose ( i.e. Male Choir or Country Girls etc) and then set my harmony track volume to zero so that the chords are playing but you cannot hear them which is what I want. I can then leave the VH switch to on and only get the harmonies where I need them. This has always worked fine on the Tyros but the Genos does not store the track number I've used unless I set the vocal harmony type to Vocoder but if I do that then I cannot choose any of the wonderful harmony types that exist on the  Genos and there are six pages of them. Does anyone know why this is happening, I'm not sure what the difference is between Vocoder harmonies and Chordal harmonies but setting it at Chordal always makes the harmony type XG and you cannot change it but setting it vocoder does store the track number but not with your choice of harmony type and it does sound robotic to my ears. Sorry for the rant but I am very frustrated with the Genos learning curve. Thanks
Dave
Dave
Yamaha Genos
Korg i3 (2021)
Yamaha Tyros3
Roland Alpha Juno
Pearl Drums, Paiste & Avedis Zildjian Cymbals
HK Audio Polar10

Tyros5Mad

Re: Genos Vocal Harmony Fault?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:21:35 PM »
Hi Dave,

I don't quite understand how you are recording your midi files. What is a sustained chord track?

There are other ways to solve this problem but let's take a look at what you are doing first.

Post an example midi file and I will take a look at it.

Regards,
Richard
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:24:29 PM by RichardL »