Author Topic: Fixed Bass on Accompaniment  (Read 27057 times)

Offline larrygreen1

Fixed Bass on Accompaniment
« on: October 07, 2019, 02:49:27 PM »
Hi.Hope someone can help.I have connected my sx900 to my Tyros 5 from the outputs of the 900 to the ins of the T5 to good good comparisons through decent headphones.One thing I have noticed is when pressing bottom C with ACMP switched on & no left hand sound on (with any style) using A1 Fingered you get a bass sound & a violin or string sound.When comparing the two keyboards the T5 bass sound is a lot deeper & louder than the sx which I prefer.Does anyone know if this bass sound can be altered please so that I can match it to the T5?I have already gone into the mixer & adjusted the lowest eq control but that just adjusts everything!!!.Where is this bass sound & where is the violin or string sound coming from???Thanks for your thoughts.Larry.

Offline larrygreen1

Re: Fixed Bass on Accompaniment
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:54:08 PM »
I have just seen another topic further down that relates to this issue which looks as though it is not possible.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 04:23:34 PM »
The bass sound & a violin or string sound you are referring the voices come from the style selected.
DGX670

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 06:37:13 PM »
Thank you Graham.Why don't they show up on the mixer console anywhere when the keys are played,are they hidden somewhere?

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
When you choose the "style" option for ACMP,
the bass and the pad you are hearing are the same sounds of the bass channel and the pad channel of the style you are currently using.
Mixing Console(style part),then press C and then 3 for bass channel's sound and 6 for pad channel's sound.

On my s750 for the fixed option it has a "finger bass"(GM & XG folder) and I think a live! strings voice  for pad sound.

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 07:44:10 PM »
Can you change these?I mainly use the Low Bass sound on most of my styles!!!.

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 08:25:18 PM »
As far as I know Larry you cannot change the "fixed" sounds.
But as I wrote to the other post you can create a registration to call any 2 sounds that you like for the chord part, when you don't play with a style.
Or just modify and load a style with these two sounds.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:27:49 PM by panos »

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 10:29:50 PM »
Ok.Thanks Panos.It is just frustrating that you can't see these sounds displayed anywhere.On the Tyros 5 it seems more of a low rounded bass sound than the sx900 which you can hardly hear.