Author Topic: Making of Steppin' Out + Free Style and MIDI Song  (Read 31842 times)

markusthegeek

Making of Steppin' Out + Free Style and MIDI Song
« on: October 05, 2019, 07:44:58 AM »
Watch how I did Steppin' Out on the Yamaha Genos keyboard using all the techniques I explained in detail in my other tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy4mYIrkitvdJFmV2Ck37rcQss9uhDAP-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZyxG2780xE

Note: if you want the style and MIDI song used in this song, please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you have not done so already and leave me a note in my inbox. I will then send you the download link via personal message.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:00:25 AM by markusthegeek »

Offline Karlos

Re: Making of Steppin' Out + Free Style and MIDI Song
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 09:13:55 PM »
Great cover Markus...it turned out really good....you have a good talent and you cant beat a good 80's track. 8) 8)

Hope you get some more traffic on to your YT channel and it gets more people to go deeper into their keyboards than just playing the preset styles.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to make these videos, cheers buddy. :)

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 05:57:16 PM »
I think the process itself has to be your main interest to do this. You can pick a pre set style and play a simple instrumental like this in a couple of minutes on a good arranger, and get a fair result. Indeed that is the probably main attraction of arrangers for most people. Or you can spend 14 hours going through a process like this. Whether you think the end result justifies the effort really depends on what is your main interest - the playing or the technology process.
Mike

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 09:15:45 PM »
Hi Mike,
Markus is showing his workflow of how he can play a song using Genos voices to sound as close as the original song.
Making one "pro" song style and sell it, can require the same amount of time.

Of course we can use a preset style that fits, select some voices for the OTS and start playing.
Or we can use the Assembly function, edit the voice just a little and play the song.

But let me ask you one thing.
How many times have we read a post that a model doesn't sound good, although in demonstrations sounded awesome?

This is how you can make a keyboard to have the sounds that you wish,or whatever you think it is a "nice" sound.

Of course someone may claim that this is a "workaround" and the keyboard should sound perfect no matter what song you play and what voices you choose and how you play or suits you to play,
but until the time a machine can be able to find out everyone's taste in sound,
we can spend some time to learn how to "edit" the voices and apply effects and other stuff on them.

Genos Dsp efects:
Variation: 358 Preset (with VCM) + 3 User | Insertion 1-28: 358 Preset (with VCM) + 10 User