Author Topic: P>S>R SX900  (Read 46939 times)

Lofty(dave)

P>S>R SX900
« on: October 04, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »

mine arrived this morning very early trying it out looks well set out listened to the demo,s have a small problem will have to move the position with the new speaker system the bass is rather thumpy bouncing off the wall . but apart from that I can see im going to have some fun with it Lofty (Dave)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Toril S

Re: P>S>R SX900
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 01:01:13 PM »
Congratulations!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

blackpool

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 04:53:46 PM »
Yes got mine too Dave - Just had time today to sort it a little - Just having problems with generic volume pedal ....does not like it even with switched polarity.

I would have though it would have been on 'overall' menu but shows on 'voice' assignable menu .....odd really
I will get there.

Yes Dave all quite promising - nice keyboard!

Keith 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »
Just Press Direct Access and wiggle the pedal. It will take you to the page that sets it up.

blackpool

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 06:58:57 PM »
Thanks very much Eileen

Yes i had tried that, as i use DA a lot,  I changed polarity on pedal itself and it still did not want to know!

After a mess around i discovered there is a menu button in top right of pedal assignment screen and there is a polarity control there, so it's fine now...thanks

I updated to 1.3 - Just a point i did notice was ....you need to not only unzip the folder, but OPEN and load the single file itself from the folder. I had made the mistake of just copying the unzipped folder and this of course did not work. I think Yamaha need to make this clearer in the instructions maybe. luckily i realised my mistake quickly, but others might not.
BTW....
Did you change anything on EQ at all ?? or is 'factory' about as good as you get ....don't get me wrong i am qquite happy 'out of the box' but just wanted your feedback.

What a great little combi of genos /psr  I see Yamaha have announced a big upgrade today for Genos ....save sales on SX hitting it too hard!

Keith     

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 07:12:44 PM »
I think Yamaha need to make this clearer in the instructions maybe...

1) Download the firmware
 a) Download the Zip file to the computer.
 b) Connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
 c) Extract the *.prg file and copy it to the root directory of your USB flash drive.

I think clearer than this, is only with images (screenshots)... but really it's a must?!

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: rikkisbears

blackpool

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 10:06:50 PM »
Ok I maybe did not read it correctly ....big deal
as i said I did sort it no problem - I just missed the word 'file'

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 11:24:06 PM »

Thank you for that, I haven’t tried updating mine yet, it always made me a bit nervous just in case something went wrong on my Korgs, nothing ever did of course, but non the less. Don’t think I ever did my s950 either.

Thank you for the information, have to go and find the update.

Much appreciated.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

blackpool

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 11:38:51 PM »
Yes. Like me if you're not that savvy with I.T. it can be difficult. I just copied the unzipped folder and if it had had simply said.. open the folder and copy the enclosed file to usb, then maybe I would have not made the mistake..
As I said .. I sorted it quickly, no probs .
I am very  'plug and play' and as a retired teacher know that sometimes things need to be explained more for some than others .
You will like this board...it really is a nice step up from the PSR s ... Regards Keith.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 11:45:51 PM by blackpool »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 06:06:47 PM »
Hi Lofty,
  Pleased you got your keyboard OK. The speakers on this one are more powerful and now spread sound to the front as well as back of the board which is good if playing in a small venue.

blackpool

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 06:56:56 PM »
Yes Eileen, I had not thought about that with the new speakers and it might affect the sound if it was against a wall maybe.
i am using my home PA and have disabled the onboard ones so had not noticed.