Author Topic: Problem with dial data wheel  (Read 21287 times)

Problem with dial data wheel
« on: October 26, 2019, 04:04:31 AM »
Previously when I used Tyros 5, I could use the dial data wheel to select a new style or voice while playing, and I only needed to press ENTER to change the Style at the bar I wanted.
But on Genos I can't do that, when I'm playing, I spin the dial data wheel and the style changes instantly.
Can someone instruct me to reinstall this function so it works as on Tyros 5?
Thank you!
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Problem with dial data wheel
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 04:14:01 AM »
Previously when I used Tyros 5, I could use the dial data wheel to select a new style or voice while playing, and I only needed to press ENTER to change the Style at the bar I wanted.
But on Genos I can't do that, when I'm playing, I spin the dial data wheel and the style changes instantly.
Can someone instruct me to reinstall this function so it works as on Tyros 5?
Thank you!

It’s a setting. Look for style change behavior.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 12:25:17 PM »
It’s a setting. Look for style change behavior.

Hi Fred,

Please advise exactly what setting prevents this extremely annoying behaviour on Genos.

It is the same with Voices, Registrations, Multi Pads and Songs.

On my Tyros4 you can scroll through files on selection screens using the data wheel without actually loading each file as you scroll over it unless you press Enter, which makes perfect sense, but if you use the data wheel on Genos selection screens, each file is loaded as you scroll over it, and it appears that you can't prevent this!

Regards

Ian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 12:35:18 AM »
Yes Ian,
  This is the way Genos behaves now when using the wheel. The best way to go is selecting via the screen and the style won't start until you touch it. Same with the other items you mentioned.

Offline corsaman

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 03:14:53 PM »
it will be fixed in version 2.0 - I reported this to Yamaha after 1.4 release and they promised that this will be fixed in November upgrade.
Now 2x Genos 1 ....before: 2xYamaha Tyros 5,Tyros 4, PSR 1500,1100,1000, Roland E-38,Technics KN920 and Estrada AR207

Offline soryt

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 11:15:44 PM »
I can scroll true the styles , register and sounds with the dial wheel whitout any problem .
Using V 1,4

Soryt 🎹
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 12:59:06 PM »
I can scroll true the styles , register and sounds with the dial wheel whitout any problem .
Using V 1,4

Soryt 🎹

Yes, we all can, but when you stop using wheel, selected item will be played instantly. On Tyros you could search the item with wheel, but it selects only when you press on Enter.
Indeed, when you open Style page, you can press on Menu on the touch screen, and you will have some function called "Show only" or something like that ( I'm at work, I don't have Genos near). But it is not working this function. Not to me, I guess to nobody.

Vali Maties - Genos