Author Topic: Multi track recording in 3/4 time  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Marty

Multi track recording in 3/4 time
« on: October 01, 2019, 08:46:53 PM »
Hi 

My first question relating to my 770.

I can't seem to figure out how to setup multi track recording for a 3/4 time signature. It seems to always default to 4/4?

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Multi track recording in 3/4 time
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 03:19:56 AM »
MIDI or Audio?
Love Those Yammies...

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
Hi 

My first question relating to my 770.

I can't seem to figure out how to setup multi track recording for a 3/4 time signature. It seems to always default to 4/4?

Hi Marty,

select a STYLE with 3/4 time signature first. Then you can record your tracks by playing with the Style or with the Metronome.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Marty

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 07:10:38 PM »
Hi

I wasn't even thinking of styles.

Thanks Chris

chikitin

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »
I suppose if we want to create an 11/16 or complex time signatures, we need to create a style first and then recording our tracks.

But maybe a better way would be to insert a message/data entry as SysEx in Creating/Editing Songs (Song Creator):TAB SYS/EX. Make sure you remove the filter of "time signature".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:11:41 PM by chikitin »

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 06:24:03 PM »
The time signature does not matter in a midi, because a midi is a series of digital events on a time clock. If you were to play a waltz on two handed piano for example and record it on midi it will play back exactly as you played it.
Styles are labelled according to their genre, and of course if you are using a style, it has to be in the time signature to match what you are playing so everything lands on the right beat. But that is not the case for a midi. Ignore the time signature, 
Mike