Author Topic: Multipad creator - limited voices & sync issue  (Read 4781 times)

latingate

Multipad creator - limited voices & sync issue
« on: September 30, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
1. In the multipad creator not all the voices are available. Actually, only a small portion is available to use.
Why is that? Is there a way to access the missing voices?

2. How can I sync the multipad I create to start in the next quarter  and not when I press the button? I think it's happening this way with the built in multipads, but with the ones I create  - they start immediately when I press the button.

Thanks..

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Multipad creator - limited voices & sync issue
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 12:34:28 AM »
1. In the multipad creator not all the voices are available. Actually, only a small portion is available to use.
Why is that? Is there a way to access the missing voices?

2. How can I sync the multipad I create to start in the next quarter  and not when I press the button? I think it's happening this way with the built in multipads, but with the ones I create  - they start immediately when I press the button.

Can’t help you with 1. On 2, you syncstart it. Press the sync button to the left of the pad buttons. Hold it down while you press the pads you want to start. The buttons will flash. Once you have them flashing, they will start when you play a chord in the left hand.

This setup can also easily be saved in a registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

latingate

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 07:43:00 PM »
Can’t help you with 1. On 2, you syncstart it. Press the sync button to the left of the pad buttons. Hold it down while you press the pads you want to start. The buttons will flash. Once you have them flashing, they will start when you play a chord in the left hand.

This setup can also easily be saved in a registration.

Cheers,
Fred

I know this feature, but this is not what I meant..
I want the Multi Pad to start in the next bar, whether it is activated manually or with the"sync" function.
I believe it happens this way with the custom Multi Pads, but with the one I've created - it starts immediately when I press the button (or change a chord) which is not accurate and not "sitting on the beat".
I suppose the option do start it on the next bar (or at least the next beat) is somehow available - but I don't find it :(

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 07:52:52 PM »
I know this feature, but this is not what I meant..
I want the Multi Pad to start in the next bar, whether it is activated manually or with the"sync" function.
I believe it happens this way with the custom Multi Pads, but with the one I've created - it starts immediately when I press the button (or change a chord) which is not accurate and not "sitting on the beat".
I suppose the option do start it on the next bar (or at least the next beat) is somehow available - but I don't find it :(

Multipads either start on the button press, or, when synced, on playing a chord. Take your pick.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 09:04:09 PM »
Pads that are not set to repeat will always start playing as soon as you press the pad's button.

If a style is already playing, pads set to repeat will wait until the start of the next bar before starting and syncing with the style.

On Genos, if you set a non repeating pad to sync start, it will play as soon as you play a note in the 'style' section of the keyboard, whether a style is playing or not. This seems to be the case whatever chord fingering mode is currently set.   

This applies to preset and third party pads.

Regards

Ian

latingate

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 10:27:36 PM »
Pads that are not set to repeat will always start playing as soon as you press the pad's button.

If a style is already playing, pads set to repeat will wait until the start of the next bar before starting and syncing with the style.

On Genos, if you set a non repeating pad to sync start, it will play as soon as you play a note in the 'style' section of the keyboard, whether a style is playing or not. This seems to be the case whatever chord fingering mode is currently set.   

This applies to preset and third party pads.

Regards

Ian

Great.. thanks!
So if I understand correctly - I have to set my Multi Pad to "repeat" even though I want it to play just once (and I will have to remember to press "stop" after the phrase is played").

.. I will try it

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 11:39:48 PM »
So if I understand correctly - I have to set my Multi Pad to "repeat" even though I want it to play just once (and I will have to remember to press "stop" after the phrase is played").

When a style is playing, if you really want to press the button for a pad part way through a measure, but have the pad wait for the start of the next measure before playing, then a.f.a.i.k. that is what you would need to do.

To use pads in this way (ie. you want them to play once then manually stop them before they repeat), it might be worth adding some empty time at the end of such pads, to give you time to stop them.  You can easily do this in the Multi Pad step editor simply by changing the time of the END event - you don't need to actually add any other events to create the 'silence' at the end of the pattern.

Regards

Ian

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 03:10:24 PM »
I use some PADs to sing the Terca over my right hand playing. To starts from next measure I had to set it to repeat, but I made it with one measure longest (not 16 measures, but 17). In this way I have time in that last measure to stop it and it has also the final note,. which is on 17th measure first beat.
For this process I have used Michael Bedesem's PadMaker. You can easily made all settings in this soft: Chord Follow, Repeat, Length, Copy from one to another, etc...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos