Author Topic: Rising Cymbal's  (Read 2872 times)

Offline ugawoga

Rising Cymbal's
« on: September 30, 2019, 02:28:01 PM »
Hi
Is there a rising cymbal on the Genos anywhere as i cannot find one.

Al the Best
John :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:44:36 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

Re: Rising Cymbol
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
Hi John,

I search with the search function (Cmd + F) in my PDF reader program for "reverse cymbal" in the Genos Data List, starting on page 24 (Drum/SFX Kit List):

In "ElectroKit", "AnalogKit" and "DanceKit" there is a "Reverse Cymbal" on Note #28 (key E0).

There should be also the voice "Rev. Cymbal"  in the "GM&XG" folder, sub category "Percussive" (#000-000-120). ("GM&XG" voices are still in Genos, but not listed in the "Data List".)

A "Rev. Cymbal" voice should also be in "GM2" folder, sub category "Percussive" (#121-000-120).

Note: "120" is the Yamaha Program #, the MIDI Program Change # is 119.

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ugawoga

Re: Rising Cymbol
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »
Hi Chris
I found what i wanted in Cymbal's and Chimes on the Pad section.
It took some time to find.
So Now i have a rise cymbal on one footpedal and a guitar bend on the other footpedal
Doing Albatross and it is a swine trying to get the effecting right.
The song is a doddle to play, but it needs the Pete Green touch and it is hard getting the bends and all to come together which is only a little more practice.
Playing is ok ,but the feet gets mixed up .
Thanks for your help Chris, much appreciated.

All the Best
John :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:45:19 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

Re: Rising Cymbal's
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 09:01:25 PM »
Hi John,

thank you for your quick and very detailed feedback!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)