Author Topic: Guitar effects with guitar via S975  (Read 3389 times)

Offline J. Larry

Guitar effects with guitar via S975
« on: September 29, 2019, 02:37:14 AM »
Someone please explain the steps to apply effects to electric guitar through the S975.  I switched the input to guitar and, sure enough, the guitar plays nicely through that input.  But, how do you apply the various effects, such as reverb, echo, distortion, overdrive, chorus, etc.  I just get one basic sound that never changes.  Is it possible to add guitar effects to guitar, or do those effects apply only to the onboard keyboard voices?  I was hoping to apply the various effects to the guitar signal.  But, despite all the button pushing, no luck.

Offline ton37

Re: Guitar effects with guitar via S975
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:50:32 AM »
Did you followed the Owners Manual (pg. 88 and further)? Don't forget to read the 'NOTE'-remarks.
Maybe the Mic. is set to TALK?
Pay attention to the Gain Knob, start at a minimum ...
Does your guitar have active pickups, then try the switch to 'MIC'.
Have you been in the MIC/VH settings menu?

My best regards,
Ton

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:19:22 AM »
Use the Direct Access then press DSP,

DSP 4 is used for Guitar / Microphone input.

Set DSP 4 to Mic/Guitar
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 05:05:11 PM »
Very good suggestions.  Got it working great.  Many thanks.  For any arranger players, who also play guitar, you should try the S975 effects with guitar.  Many options available, with lots of great sounds.

Offline ton37

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 06:19:13 PM »
I Knew @J.Larry  ;D, have fun ! Depending what style/music you whish to play, don't forget to a good setup for the guitar. Right strings, right pickups and the right guitar=model. A good keybed for a keyboard is as a right action for a guitar for comfortable playing. And equal for the keyboard, it also is important for a guitar: good/right EQ-ing for the good sounds. Enjoy!
My best regards,
Ton