Author Topic: No Audio Styles  (Read 18491 times)

Offline larrygreen1

No Audio Styles
« on: September 27, 2019, 10:30:49 AM »
Just wondered why the Audio styles had been taken off when they were on the s975 & as it was a cheaper keyboard???

StuCos

Re: No Audio Styles
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »
Hi Larry,

Page 6 of the Reference Manual talks about Audio Styles being on the SX900.

In my S970, the 60s Supergroup style, for example, is an audio style.

Perhaps you could go to the R&B section on your SX900,select the 60s Supergroup style and see if there's any mention of it being an Audio Style.

Regards,

Stuart

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »
Hi Stuart.No it isn't as rhythm 2 is on a standard drum kit 1.This is also the case with pop cha cha.There are no audio drums.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 03:03:44 PM »
There are no audio styles on Genos either, which seemed logical to me since they were more difficult to manage (record or edit) and did not seem to provide any significant musical advantage (in my opinion). So an unnecessary complication?
On Genos they can be downloaded if required, don't know about the sx.
John

Offline hans1966

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 04:55:25 PM »
Hi Jhonn, in the SX900 you can also download the audio styles. You have 4GB of user memory available to store songs, your own styles, and also audio styles. In the following link you can download the bonus styles that are audio styles of the Tyros 5, S975. Regards. Hans

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 05:02:11 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 05:34:20 PM »
Some of the old Audio styles have now been reworked to use the on board drums which to me sound much nicer. I would not fill up the 4Gb user with these but use them from the YEM as a pack in Expansion user on your keyboard.

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »
The PSR-SX900 downloads page has the AudioPhraser application, so presumably Yamaha will continue to support Audio Styles for SX900. Maybe they will make the older Audio Styles available for SX900 as they did for Genos. Remains to be seen...

-- pj

rcpilot

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 03:13:22 AM »
So are you guys & gals saying the audio styles from T5 for Genos don't work well on SX900?
Lee

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 10:53:22 AM »
Hi Lee,
The T5 audio styles are mixed in with my style collection download. You should have them.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 02:22:48 PM »
So are you guys & gals saying the audio styles from T5 for Genos don't work well on SX900?
Lee

Hi Lee,

the "T5 Audio Styles for Genos" should play well on the PSR-SX900.

I recommend to do as follows:

1. Download the ( 8 ) Bonus Audio Style Packs from the Genos download site:

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

2. Unzip the .zip files on your computer to get the .ppf Pack files.

3. Do NOT import the Packs to the YEM, but use "Style Extractor" program to extract the Audio Style files (.aus) from the .ppf Pack files. (You will get 40 .aus Style files.)

Download "Style Extractor" program here:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44290.msg369236.html#msg369236

4. Copy the .aus Style files to a USB stick, then connect the stick to the SX900 and use the Styles directly from the stick.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 02:31:53 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

rcpilot

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 09:40:13 PM »
Thanks Rikki and Overover...
Lee

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 10:52:15 PM »
Hi Lee,
They’re in the various categories, not near my keyboards currently, but I think they have an audio symbol/icon to tell them apart.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline beakybird

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 11:14:48 PM »
Hi Lee,
The T5 audio styles are mixed in with my style collection download. You should have them.

I added to your exhaustive collection, noticing that about a dozen styles are missing. The latest one I added was the 6/8March from the Tyros 5. The SX900 version is quite different. I learned this by unpleasant surprise when performing 76 Trombones. I'll put up a zip version tonight.

konaboy

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 11:18:50 PM »
i heard they dropped audio styles on the genos in favor of the "revo drums", which use multiple samples of same drum hits to add variation and realism to the drums.  sadly that feature never fully made its way to the psr.
were audio styles just drums?  i seem to remember them also being the other instruments too.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 04:01:04 AM »
I added to your exhaustive collection, noticing that about a dozen styles are missing. The latest one I added was the 6/8March from the Tyros 5. The SX900 version is quite different. I learned this by unpleasant surprise when performing 76 Trombones. I'll put up a zip version tonight.

Hi Beaky,
Possibility I may have been missing a few styles in the first place. The styles I had were sent to me over the years,

I do have. 6/8 March in  the Movies category . Don’t know if it’s the same one as yours, as yours though.
It was hard placing some of them, in some keyboards, they were in different categories, than others.
Sort of had to guess best place to put them, some weren’t as clear cut as others.

Btw, I am missing a couple of the audio styles , either they sounded dreadful or I  missed copying them across.

Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline beakybird

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 04:58:50 AM »
Hi Beaky,
Possibility I may have been missing a few styles in the first place. The styles I had were sent to me over the years,

I do have. 6/8 March in  the Movies category . Don’t know if it’s the same one as yours, as yours though.
It was hard placing some of them, in some keyboards, they were in different categories, than others.
Sort of had to guess best place to put them, some weren’t as clear cut as others.

Btw, I am missing a couple of the audio styles , either they sounded dreadful or I  missed copying them across.

OK, that one is the same. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here is how many styles I have in each category, and I don't think I have any duplicates:

Ballad: 72 Files
Ballroom: 35 Files
Dance: 85 Files
Latin: 56 Files
Pop: 103 Files
R&B: 62 Files
Swing: 73 Files
World: 39 Files
Entertainer 38 Files
MovieShow: 48 Files (removing 6/8 March)
Pianist from CVP609: 34 Files

I created a link to my collection in a post in the styles section of the forum.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »
Audio styles only used ad audio track for the rhythm parts.

I've loaded the audio styles onto my Genos (they're free on the Yamaha website) and when flicking between the audio style version and the revo version I personally don't hear much difference.

I doubt I will ever actually use the audio style version.
Genos