Author Topic: How do I use vocal harmony without playing a style?  (Read 22855 times)

blackfs

How do I use vocal harmony without playing a style?
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:38:17 PM »
Is there any way to engage the vocal harmony while just playing the PSR-S975 freestyle I.e without any of the styles accompaniment playing? If so how do I do it.

I can hear the voice harmony when I am playing and singing along with the styles, but as soon as I press ending and the accompaniment comes to an end, even if I continue playing chords and singing, there is no harmony to accompany my voice. I would like the vocal harmony to continue but don’t know how to engage the harmony under such circumstances.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline Ed B

Re: How do I use vocal harmony without playing a style?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 03:08:25 AM »
Hi
Vocal harmony is triggered by the Style control section. Try picking a style similar tempo as what you might use if you were playing chords. Turn off the various instruments by turning down the volume. Then switch to AI full keyboard and I think this will give you what you want. You should be able to play both hands and the AI section will read the chords and enable you to use vocal harmony. Let us know how it works. AI is not perfect. Have not tried this myself.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

blackfs

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 01:16:01 AM »
Thanks Ed. I was hoping to find a way of quickly moving from playing a style, coming to the end of the song and hitting ending 1 for a simple ending, and then continuing to play chords and sing with harmony freestyle for a while before starting the next song.

Maybe I can create a variation or use a registration setting for a style with the volume already turned down so that I can move smoothly from playing a song/style to having another style without volume on each of the instruments.

I’m not sure exactly how to achieve this but I’ll try to get some time tomorrow to have a go at it and see what I can figure out.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 08:13:20 AM »
Maybe I can create a variation or use a registration setting for a style with the volume already turned down so that I can move smoothly from playing a song/style to having another style without volume on each of the instruments.
That would probably be the best way to do it.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

blackfs

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
Just to let you all know, I have managed to save a registration that includes a volume of zero for the style and that seems to work for be OK.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and suggestions.
Fred

Offline Enildo

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 04:18:06 PM »
Olá Blackfs.

01. No tipo Chordal, selecione a opção "Scale Diatonic". É uma das últimas opções.
02. Em Harmony Atribuir selecione Escala (maior ou menor) e Tom da música.

Nota: Como harmonias soam melhor quando são acordados com a mão esquerda junto ao direito.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!