Author Topic: No voice creation in the SX900?  (Read 38401 times)

Offline ton37

No voice creation in the SX900?
« on: September 24, 2019, 10:45:36 AM »
Mmmm… no voice creation in the SX900 … what does that mean?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:52:18 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

beykock

Re: No voice creation in the SX900?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:10:42 AM »
YEM might be the answer, Ton ?

Best regards, Babette

blackpool

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »
Ton....I was hoping i would not need to 'create' any with this!
I dont buy a 'ready meal' and they expect to cook from scratch ... apart from adding a bit of 'spice' ...lol
Not sure, but yes i suppose expansion is where the answer will be.
This board is maybe not designed to create and is more about playing and modification of what you get given and loadable extras.

The more I am reading about this Ton the more i want to have ago....

Keith   

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 12:39:48 PM »
I think this refers to the kind of voice creation that was available with say Tyros 4, where you could import and manipulate waves directly on the keyboard itself.

SX900 is completely consistent with Tyros 5, Genos, S775, S975 in that instead, they use YEM for creating expansion voices from new waves. This runs on a PC and creates a file which is then imported to the keyboard.

All of these keyboards support Voice Set, which is starting with an onboard voice (preset or expansion) and adjusting the basic set of parameters such as volume, cutoff, resonance, attack time etc.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline ton37

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 03:00:04 PM »
Thank you for your explanations. I remember that in YEM voices can indeed be changed. And Voice Set also offers enough options. I was worried for a moment, but I get it. ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:01:17 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 04:16:12 PM »
Thank you for your explanations. I remember that in YEM voices can indeed be changed. And Voice Set also offers enough options. I was worried for a moment, but I get it. ;)

I doubt that we will be able to edit the Preset Voices in YEM as with the Tyros 5 and Genos.  It's one of those distinctions between the
TOTL and the PSR line.

The COMMON PARAMETERS in the YEM Voice Editor are the same as Voice Set.  In fact, the COMMON settings are converted to the Voice Set File when the voice pack is installed on the keyboard.

BTW... we can freely edit third party voice packs, but not Yamaha packs.

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:37:27 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »
I agree that it's YEM going forward for voice creation. I hope that Yamaha continues to improve YEM's voice editing.

-- pj