Author Topic: I am convinced that the SX900 is a good choice seeing all those demos and tests  (Read 32079 times)

Offline ton37

After seeing and listening to all those demos and tests I am confirmed that, being a hobby-player, I will have a great keyboard with the purchase of the SX900.  :D
It will by far meet my needs. I think I will certainly enjoy it for many years, as long as the hardware and / or software of the SX does not let me down! I had the KN SX7000 for 13 years, if I keep the SX900 for as long as I am .... too old to worry about another   ;D It must be the characters SX in both models which intrigues me  ;)

Now I am waiting for a signal from my dealer (in NL) that I can pick it up. A problem however .... grrr. I will be gone with the caravan until November. So even though I will have it soon, I still have to wait a while before I can actually try it out. But that is a nice prospect.

It is of course a personal choice. My journey of discovery in the land of the Yammies ran from Tyros5-76, Genos, PSR S770, PSR S975 and finally the SX900. All excellent keyboards with a beautiful sound.! The Genos, a top keyboard, but just too big for my homestudio. The photo below emphasizes that. For those new owners, happy SX-ing  ;) 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Robert van Weersch

Veel plezier op vakantie en daarna met de SX900 ;)
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline ton37

Dank je wel, Robert voor jouw reactie (Tnx)
My best regards,
Ton

Pino

That little bit makes a big difference as this Nun said to the Vicar,

Yes, I totally agree with you, as a gigger, moving equipment is just plain boring,
With the PSR, 12kilos, I can sling the bag on my shoulder and even carry upstairs if I have to,

Also fits in smaller spaces, but there is a sacrifice to be made, sound quality is inferior,
But, that’s life, we do our best and try and keep everybody happy,

Come on YAMAHA,  where’s that Genos 61,
will probably be launched before Christmas after we all have purchased an Sx900

Pino
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:25:41 AM by Pino »

Offline EileenL

You will probably never see a Genos 61 note keyboard. The sound quality of the SX 900 is very good as the speakers have been improved a lot and through gigging Speakers and amp will sound very good. I was rehearsing with mine last night for a Christmas show we are doing and it was great.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Pino

Yes, I think you are right, no Genos 61
But, nobody knows the future, what if they did launch 61 before Xmas, 😭

The sx900 is a nice keyboard, I will go back the music store and play it again this week.
Not a big difference in the sound department but some new goodies and the price is ok,

Pino

Offline ton37

Hi, this afternoon I was in the KB-store for a short time. I had my USB-stick with me with some songs/midis I once had recorded on the Genos. I used a headphone. And I was impressed of the soundquality of the SX. I played a Wav-file of the Original Genos recording and a recorded Midi from that song on the SX900. I couldn't hear any difference!! My compliments for the SX!! Maybe a particular solo-voice of the Genos were slight different due that the recording had a SA2-solovoice (I guess?).

Then I played it throught the speakers. Sounded fantastic too.
But here I make a remark: in my homestudio I always play throught a mixer and a good sounddevice and my own speakers. With the S770/975 I never used the speakers, always via my 'PA'. But I'm sure that the SX will sound great too! Oh yeh …  ;)

Of course I don't have experience how it is on a gigging throught a PA?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 03:55:00 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton