Author Topic: Delivery might be a while for me!  (Read 84628 times)

blackpool

Delivery might be a while for me!
« on: September 23, 2019, 11:08:48 AM »
I suppose reading some of the threads - there will not be much feedback yet - as mine, although I ordered a couple of weeks ago will maybe be a few weeks getting to me.
My dealer has had ONE ONLY for demo purposes, he said the demand for the first shipment well out stripped supply and most of these were for 'in store' demos, to sell more from.
Re - not getting feedback quickly ....bit below the belt .....lol  -
As said - if your going from an early PSR then i suppose it is a big thing and VERY exiting. and i really think E has done REALLY well posting what she has found out so far just over the weekend !!!  ....thanks for that xx

If your maybe going from a Genos - which i am ( + have owned a670/970 and T4/5 )  then i suppose there is not a great deal to get fired up about. I just LOVE the fact they have released a 61 and kept the manual controls 'close up' which i think were GREAT on the 970/5.
I bought the Genos on a whim.....but hated the crazy 'reach' controls all over the **** place ....ok you have a TS and assignables but even these buttons are better positioned on the SX than Genos.

I really think this will have EVERYTHING i need - I offloaded my Genos a while back I just manage at the mo. with my holiday board ( Korg EK50 ) as i had heard on the QT a 61 with Genos OS and the layout of a PSR was due and I am glad i got shut, as I think used prices on Genos will fall big time. IMHO.....It is in for a real spanking from the home user who wants 'some' of the Genos features in a SENSIBLE compact layout.....Bang on the money ....and if you check out the price comparison sites, do a 'screen shot' for the best deal and then get a dealer price match against it, you can get **** of a bargain!!! I ended up with almost 25%off RRP !!!

I will post when I have had a blast on the demo in the shop wed. 

Keith
ps.....Thanks again E.. for your early findings
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:07:34 PM by blackpool »

Offline ton37

Re: Delivery might be a while for me!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:36:26 AM »
Hi Keith, in any case, that is a good prospect for trying out the demo model in the store. I had the chance a few days ago. The Genos and an S710 were also there. Occasionally they also tried it out (with headphones). Because I also had the Genos and an S975, both felt familiar. The SX is right in between, but is a bit more dependent on the Genos because of the OS used. And like you, I want 61 tests. So I opted for the SX900 and my first short experience confirmed that I had made a good choice for myself and could do it with a good deal.
My best regards,
Ton

blackpool

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:15:05 PM »
Yes Ton ...it was a funny situation in the shop...... The assistant was going to allow me to take the boxed SX which has JUST arrived (as he knew I had ordered one)....Then the second sales came dashing over and said ....**** I need that to dem. from,  We are hoping to sell a couple of dozen units from that, It's the ONLY one they could let us have!!!

Which leads me to believe they have HIGH hopes for sales .... I also ironically noted the Korg PA1000 was suddenly heavily reduced in the shop!! .....now I wonder why????

Keith

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 12:35:18 PM »
Keith, hopefully it won’t be too long for, must be a bit disappointing. Supplies must be short and demand sounds like it’s high. Which is a good sign.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

blackpool

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »
Ironically Rik - I am not that upset, suits me...., just glad I nailed the price a week or two ago before the 6% rise.

As I am away soon for the Winter and will be taking my little very 'plug and play' EK50 along with me ( that's great as lightweight and under 1Mtr.long + as cheap as chips so I dont mind hawking it ) - Plus I suppose the warranty will last that bit longer on the new SX if i leave it a bit to collect + it will give them time to de-bug it as well, which is always the case with new models!

But in the meantime I WILL be in the shop more than once to glean some info. and free demos .... they dont have my balance yet .....lol

Keith

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »
Hi Keith,

You say that you bought the EK50 as a second keyboard. What do you think of it and what made you chose it instead of, let us say, a Yamaha PSR EW410/E463 or a Casio CT-X3000?

I am curious because obviously I can’t carry my DGX650 around and I am feeling limitated by my CT-X800 so I’d like to know more about the EK50. There are very little demonstration videos so far, unfortunately.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

beykock

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 03:26:33 PM »
Hi Keith :

Thank you for your interesting story.
BTW ... what is your final SX900 price ?

I believe the SX900 will become a real winner and Korg are aware they are going to loose turnover if they do not come with an answer soon.
Also the Genos sales will slow down but Yamaha might launch the Genos2 sooner than planned, I guess.

I would not be surprised Korg will launch their PA5X much sooner than we all may expect.
Should not be surprised a PA5X LE version will also be available soon.

Take care, Babette

blackpool

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »
Hi - V .. re your question ... Why i bought the EK50, well initially as a holiday board, like i said mainly for size weight and price.
It is an old sound chip in a new board from the PA50 ... little on it as an 'arranger' but VERY VERY plug and play
I SORT OF FELL IN LOVE WITH AN ENTRY BOARD OF ALL THINGS ....lol  .... The voice and style selection is stunning and there is a 10 x 4 registration bank to save sets easily to.
3 upper voices ....no less!  and ALL settings can be changed on the fly...... all for under £300 ....plus very decent on-board speakers, joy stick, audios out and a very respectable keybed to boot!

Not at all a Korg PA in use ....ie...difficult. This little animal I recon is VERY Yamaha in it's OS, so easy , so suits me as i am VERY plug and play and hate messing with parameters....I simply want to play....end of
The only negative i would say is because it is so cheap they have had to multi task some, well many of the controls, but a bit of bed time reading soon solved that .

I liked it so, so much I bought a couple more of them.
I then stuck one on top of Genos - saved 40 keyboard sets on it for upper voices ( some layered with the 3 voices available ) , Using the split function I used the lower voice setting for 40 more solo voices ( as lower is only a single voice ) . Simply changed and saved the octave to suit each, to provide  10 x 4 x 2 registrations (=80 no less ) offering great sounding voices in differing instrument cats. to jump from the lower board up to 'on the fly' and of course you can use ANY board as a master board and simply attach one lead ( headphone out and audio in on other ....easy as pie )
I will be keeping it for SURE to use with the SX

B ....re your Q.... I use Price Spy ALL THE TIME I wont buy anything without checking that site out!! I had been watching Chamberlains on there for a few weeks at £1644 so I screen shot their ad. at that and my local shop did it for me at that! Last week Chamberlains added the 6% so i see it is around £1750 now with them, so i did ok.  do check price Spy out and you can get alerts, look at price history etc....a GREAT site ....well i think so, another good one is Price Runner.

Regards - Keith

The following users thanked this post: vbdx66

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »
just glad I nailed the price a week or two ago before the 6% rise.

Plus I suppose the warranty will last that bit longer on the new SX if i leave it a bit to collect

But in the meantime I WILL be in the shop more than once to glean some info. and free demos .... they dont have my balance yet .....lol

Hi Keith,
That was lucky you got in on the cheaper price. Either proves they are extremely popular, or the currency exchange rate has gone down.

I don’t know if I’m imagining things, but I thought I read somewhere they have a 5 year warranty?

Good one , go annoy the **** out of them . Haha. Going back many years,  I used to spend so much time in my local store , they gave me a job, just so I’d go home once in a while.  Haha

Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 09:01:22 PM »

I would not be surprised Korg will launch their PA5X much sooner than we all may expect.

Hi Babette,
Something  might be going on, but Pa4x just had a fairly major upgrade. Seems odd they would do that if they were intending to replace. Still,
Have noticed recently in Aust. there seems to be an awful lot of brand new PA4Xs  for sale on EBay.
Only reason I checked, was I wanted to sell mine. Would have thought that might have been a negative for me , but it wasn’t.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

blackpool

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 09:19:19 PM »
Hi Rik - I think my dealer only offers 2 years with a cost to extend warranty to 5 
I will check that though...thanks for heads up on the possibility ....

Ironically I have only EVER had one issue on a board and that was a Korg which kept losing internal speakers.....maybe I have been lucky so far! These things I find are like cars these days ......you don't see half as many on the hard shoulder like you did pre millennium. Some of my old 'organs' pre.00 were a nightmare..

Keith

ps... I dont recon they will do a 5X yet they will replace the pa300 /600 first and add another EK to the new range ... the upgrade has only recently been done to 4X  plus it is open ended and i think it will be up-grades for a while with the same frame.....IMHO
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:22:58 PM by blackpool »

beykock

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 09:52:28 PM »
Hi Rikki :

The PA4X update : 5 - 6 months ago, right ?

Plse keep in mind Yamaha launched their S975 in January 2018. 
In September 2019 its successor, the SX900,  completely different than the S975, is already available for sale ( only 19 months later ! ).

I wonder if the SX900 might slow down the Genos sales ?

IMHO Korg will launch their PA5X very soon.

And ... maybe ... Yamaha will bring out their Genos2 much sooner than everybody might expect.

But who am I ? Time will tell.

Bye for now, Babette

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 10:09:39 PM »
Hi Keith,

Do you really mean you bought THREE EK50 and you’re using one of them as a controller for the Genos? Interesting usage to say the least.
I will give a closer look at it, the EK50 might be a nice replacement for my CT-X800... until I can afford a SX-900 LoL

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

blackpool

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 10:56:45 PM »

Complicated story V....lol
but, well yes, I actually did !! ....  bought one at first for the holiday home use .. I tried it with Genos as a punt at home and was just so impressed I thought I would buy another to keep at home with the main board.

Sold Genos, so bought yet another ( one as master one as slave board )
Then heard the SX was due so actually put one on line for sale.

I will still be keeping the 2 one for hols and one in tandem with SX

I know it sounds a bit odd...but at the price they are it was a no-brainer and they do sound great ....as some of Korgs voices are pretty **** good....I have to say.

Keith   

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 11:18:16 PM »
I think my dealer only offers 2 years with a cost to extend warranty to 5 

Ironically I have only EVER had one issue on a board and that was a Korg which kept losing internal speakers...

Hi Keith, you could well be right, I saw 5 years written somewhere, but not sure on what.

Only problem I’ve ever had was with Korg also. Pa800, touch screen needed replacement at 4 to 5 yrs old.

Best one of all though. Pa3x has picked up sticky plastic issue on screen and joystick surround. Like touching the old fashioned sticky fly paper or a piece of sellotape.  Home remedies rub it with alcohol , rub it with engine degreaser. Spray area with a clear lacquer. Haven’t found one that works yet properly. No comment from Korg on the matter. Started happening now to a few more keyboards mainly from humid climates.
Not impressed, it was the one I had been hoping to sell last year.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 11:25:56 PM »
Hi Rikki :

The PA4X update : 5 - 6 months ago, right ?

Hi Babette, sorry I’ve lost track of the timeline, I did do an update just before I sold it recently, but it might have only been a minor one, not the main one.
I just had a year off with a badly broken wrist, when I got back, I started playing my psr and realised how much I enjoyed it.  It basically got no use in the 5 yrs I owned it, focus being on Korg.

Hence goodbye goodbye Pa4x, hello sx900. Haha

Last 18 months were a bit of a blur.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022