Author Topic: Song mode- sp1 , 2 , loop  (Read 22186 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Song mode- sp1 , 2 , loop
« on: September 23, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
As some of you know.. I have an extensive library of MIDI Songs from Yamaha music soft.

Some songs already have different points ( markers ) in the song "marked". Sp1  Sp2 etc have been marked by the creator of the MIDI Files.

How can I change the marker point ( eg SP1 ) ?

If the MIDI has no markers inserted, how can I add them?

Any tips on how loop works.. turning it on a section... and how to turn it off.

THANK YOU
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline sugarplumsss

Re: Song mode- sp1 , 2 , loop
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:12:46 PM »
from reference manual 

"PHRASE MARK REPEAT

Phrase Mark is a pre-programmed part of some Song data, which specifies a certain location (set of measures) in the Song. When this is on, the section corresponding to the specified Phrase Mark number is repeatedly played back."

There is zero help in manual ... in song setting  I see a greyed out box  "phrase mark repeat"  I have no idea how to activate it.
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 01:53:18 AM »
The basic use of Song Position Markers in MIDI songs is explained in the section 'Using Song Position Markers' starting on page 61 of the 'Tyros4 Owner's Manual'.

Loop playback between markers is explained on page 62.

There is further information, including editing markers, starting on page 76 of the 'Tyros4 Reference Manual'.

I have never used a MIDI containing 'Phrase Marks' so I can't advise you about them.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 06:41:46 AM »
Aha  the Manual... that's a surprise; I'd come to expect the Reference manual was the place. Appreciate it, thank you kind Sir.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:48:48 AM by sugarplumsss »