Author Topic: One of the 1st “real world” demos of the PSR SX900 at Hamilton  (Read 31551 times)

Offline vbdx66

Hi guys,

Hamilton just received their first PSR SX900 and Justin is demoing it here:

https://youtu.be/eCLnER7JkmY

What do you think about the sounds and the styles? I personally find them excellent.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, pjd, ton37

Offline ton37

Re: One of the 1st “real world” demos of the PSR SX900 at Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »
Hi Vinciane, thanks for the URL. I have had the opportunity to hear the sounds and some styles of the SX900 life on a demomodel. And yes, they sound beautiful. The most I found the balance of the percusion within the styles sounded clear(er). I had the demo just out of the box. Yamaha launches it by default on Flat EQ . That is somewhat less impressive when you hear it for the first time. But when one changes the EQ to e.g. 'Powerful'-setting and changes the default compression .. than the beast within the SX awakes ;).
The demonstrator is still a bit unsure and doesn't use the live-controlknobs as it should, but that is him forgiven. Glad he shows us a first impression. Hope he shows some more new features, but within a week I guess we are overloaded with demo's of the new SX- (forum) owners  ;)?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:11:50 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

blackpool

Nice 'out of the box' sx900 demo
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:56:19 PM »
Another clip right out of the box !!  Just up my street - 'Plug and play' and EASY!!

Great as it is.....but with just a few 'nips and tucks' ( which is all I ever do ) this will be some machine!!

Notice how Justin is using the MUCH handier than Genos manual controls on the fly ( and he has only just sat down at the thing! ) So don't worry about the touch screen being a tad smaller which is all I have been hearing about ....
I will only be using the Touch screen anyway in-between playing for style/reg/parameter settings in most cases!

This control layout and panel ( although much more limited than Genos ) knocks it into a cocked hat for ergonomics and 'best use' in my opinion.
I just think they 'dotted' the controls around on Genos to make it look good, without a thought for the user. God help you if you have short arms.....lol  You wont need to worry with an SX. Its all, like all other S models right under your nose.

With built in speaker models - It has always been necessary 'thankfully' to squeeze most of the controls in to the centre section, well, really other than the single controls directly above the keys  ( again extending too far away on a 76 at each end if you notice ....WHY ???  )   I sometimes wonder with Genos why built in speakers were not possible..... as you could eat your dinner off the spare surface space....lol

Well done Yamaha what a lovely PSRs....X !!!  Not got mine yet - but loving it already

Keith
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:08:23 PM by vbdx66 »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline vbdx66

Re: Nice 'out of the box' sx900 demo
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 08:04:22 PM »
Hi Keith,

Thanks for posting. Since your post duplicates the one I made previously, I will merge both topics.
EDIT I will also delete the duplicate links to the same video

Regards,

Vinciane
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:07:47 PM by vbdx66 »
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

blackpool

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »
lol .... spooky that was around the very same time as you!!

I think its good yes...

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »
Thank you for the demo link, nice to hear one with the type of music I enjoy playing.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022