Author Topic: Error!!!!  (Read 27267 times)

Offline ugawoga

Error!!!!
« on: September 26, 2019, 11:41:12 PM »
Hi
For the first time since buying the Genos when it first came out i have got this error--

omlszrcjboo                                 restart keyboard
L349

I have been putting together  a multiple choir and using the 4 pads as well and got this error and the drums started doing its own thing until the error appeared.

Does any of the experts knows what this is or has anyone else had this error. I have the latest update in the keyboard

All the best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Re: Error!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 01:34:58 AM »
As far as I know this error often appears when working in Style Creator. On the PSR-S line often happens.
It is a processing speed error. When you do faster workflows, or the number of commands deployed is far more than Genos can handle.
It will strike and you must give it a rest.
Turn it off and turn it back on.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 08:51:30 AM »
Hi
For the first time since buying the Genos when it first came out i have got this error--

omlszrcjboo                                 restart keyboard
L349

I have been putting together  a multiple choir and using the 4 pads as well and got this error and the drums started doing its own thing until the error appeared.

Does any of the experts knows what this is or has anyone else had this error. I have the latest update in the keyboard

All the best
John

I received a similar error on Genos in Style Creator when I have 1.10 OS (2018, January, I think). I was working on a style, I had something else to do, Style Creator remained opened, and after a time (20-30 min) I came back and tried to continue my work, at the first button pressed this similar error appeared. So I think it has something to do with "tampon memory" (temporary memory).

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 10:11:46 AM »
Hello to Val and Snicker
I was trying out the choirs  and i wanted a low male with higher female interacting.
I use right l, 2 and 3 and left and wanted some more weight. I switched on the four pads to try and that is when it happened.
This is not a Yamaha fault then??? or should this fault be rectified in an update???  Or do we just accept that the memory does not like too many actions at once??
Not to worry!! :)

It is funny when trying to get a blend of sounds when your volumes are up at a good volume as you tend to keep increasing to get the blend.
I will have to lower everything to get the choirs to sound with a bit of bite and work forward again to balance like in ELO's Mr Blue Sky which i am trying to emulate.
The choir part is the last stumbling block. 
Songs like these i want to pass my apprentiship on and then write my own music.
I am finding lots of practice and having a go at elaborate songs  makes everything easier after a while and will lead to less time making songs as i hate lego brick building.
Playing a song properly saves hours of work and also humanizes everything and leaves you with just the small tweaks to tighten.

Turn off and on resolved the issue

All the Best
John
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:19:50 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 01:15:31 PM »
Here are a few thoughts for you, John:

1) To achieve a nicer blend among parts, the volume is only one way. You're correct in thinking that by only using the volume controls, all of a sudden everything is "just louder." You've achieved nothing. When I want a quiet part to stand out more, instead, I increase the EQ the upper frequencies - perhaps around 4K and higher.

2) Back in 1986, we bought our first computer for our business. It was a Unix based system that would run for a few days and then freeze - much like what you're experiencing. The developers discovered that the kernel wasn't emptying. It just got fuller and fuller until the system just stopped. They fixed that with a software update. Perhaps the Genos has enough RAM but something similar is happening when processing all these things inside the style creator. This problem needs to be brought to Yamaha's attention. Perhaps they can fix it through an update.

There's nothing that crushes musical creativity more than tech problems. It's just like having crappy sound on stage - you don't play well.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 04:14:49 PM »
John

It's quite simple.

Just don't omlszrcjboo again.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: valimaties

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 05:42:26 PM »
Wish I knew what "omlszrcjboo" means (LOL) :)!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
Lee makes a good point. The programmer jargon for such memory loss is "memory leak." When memory is allocated dynamically, it needs to be released (deallocated) by the program. Some programming languages (e.g., Java) handle garbage collection for the programmer; other languages (C++) do not.

From experience, it isn't hard to mistakenly code a memory leak in C/C++ since it is usually a sin of omission.

All the best -- pj

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »
Hi to All

It is just a Boo Boo then!! :P

All the best
John

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 12:04:49 AM »
Hi John,
  Why don't you just give the Yamaha lads a ring at Milton Keynes. They will have an answer for you.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »
Hi Eileen

I might just do that Monday as it could be a something that could be bullet proof with an update in the future.
I have the code ,so they will know what is going on.
I think i pressed too many buttons at once somehow and upset the poor Genos head
That also happens o computers every now and then and the Genos is a computer basically with all it's software inside..
The Genos is going like a dream again at the moment
A nice cup of tea now!!! :D

All the best
john :)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 06:20:26 PM »
John

It's quite simple.

Just don't omlszrcjboo again.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 11:22:32 PM »
Hi Val

It sounds like something you get with a doctors prescription!! ;D :P

All the best
John :)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 11:28:00 PM »
John, it was only a DerekA quote... but was funny, although :D

As I said, it happened to me too, but thanks to God it happened at home, not in a gig, so I understand any frustration about those "unknown" errors ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:29:49 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos