Author Topic: How to split the keyboard  (Read 12907 times)

Offline Luluc

How to split the keyboard
« on: September 21, 2019, 02:43:54 PM »
Hi all Genosphils,

I have read the Genos manual and various posts of this forum, but it is still not obvious for a newbee!

Is there somewhere a step by step tutorial showing how to split the upper range of the keyboard in 3 zones : one zone R1, one zone R2 and one zone R3 ? Let say for the example in 3 equal zones, so about 16 notes per zones.
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to split the keyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 03:43:57 PM »
Hi all Genosphils,

I have read the Genos manual and various posts of this forum, but it is still not obvious for a newbee!

Is there somewhere a step by step tutorial showing how to split the upper range of the keyboard in 3 zones : one zone R1, one zone R2 and one zone R3 ? Let say for the example in 3 equal zones, so about 16 notes per zones.

There’s no such tutorial because you can’t split R1 from R2. Those two voices always stay together.

To split R3, make sure that voice is on when you go to the Split & Fingering menu. It’s pretty easy to see in that screen where the splits will be.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Luluc

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 05:49:57 PM »
Thanks Fred. But it is a pity. When we need a single voice split on R1 we don't need R2 with it. Thus I thought to get a combination R2+R3...
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »
As Fred says, you can't split the Right voice parts into three, but you can still set up three separate keyboard zones for voice parts by using the Left split and the Right3 split.

If you set the Left split higher than the Style, then the style will be controlled by notes up to the Style SP (when ACMP is on), but the left voice will now only play from the note above the Style SP up to the Left SP.

Now set the Right3 SP to a suitable note between the Left SP and the top of the keyboard and then Right1 & 2 (if turned on) will play from the note above the Left SP up to the note below the Right3 SP.   The Right3 part will play from the Right3 SP up to the to of the keyboard.

As Fred suggested if you open the 'Split Point & Fingering' screen and turn on the style ACMP, all 3 right parts and the left part, the display will show you how the splits are placed, and you can see what happens if you turn off any of these parts.

I don't know if this will produce what you would ideally want, but it may be worth trying to get an idea of what can be achieved.

Regards

Ian