Author Topic: Genos with Korg PA4x playing thru it  (Read 51183 times)

Offline shadowhankron

Genos with Korg PA4x playing thru it
« on: September 21, 2019, 11:17:24 AM »

Hi
I know there are some Forum Members here got both the Genos and Korg PA4X keyboards.
But as I wait for delivery of my Genos Keyboard, I need ask some questions please for Reply.

(1)  Playing Korg PA4X into the Genos , How do I control the Sound going into the Genos.

(2) I will be using Subzero 8" 200 watt Active Speakers from the Genos, What needs switching on First the Keyboards or the Active Speakers first.

(3) Finally what EQ or Compression settings should I use on these Active Speakers System on the Genos...., note that I am only for Home Use only, no Gigging.

I do Apologise for all the Questions but would appreciate if some Members could reply with most of the Answers Please, I know this Forum is the Best Keyboard Forum....

Kind Regards

Ronnie   
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Online Graham UK

Re: Genos with Korg PA4x playing thru it
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 01:11:40 PM »
Ronnie. Suggest you also ask this question on http://www.korgforums.com/

I know a few players who have both Pa4X & Genos but they all use them independently.
DGX670

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 08:54:55 PM »

Hi

Is anyone able to respond pIease to my request.

Graham ...I  am on the Korg site also, but I need someone using both keyboards connected to help out on my question, Thanks for the reply anyways.

Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Online Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »
Ronnie. I think you will find it straight forward with midi leads connected to do what you are wanting.
Myself have Tyros5 + NP30 to use as lower organ style. In my case I just use one lead midi out from NP30 to T5 in. It not answering your question but thought I would reply.
DGX670

Bachus

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 06:33:35 PM »
Ronnie. I think you will find it straight forward with midi leads connected to do what you are wanting.
Myself have Tyros5 + NP30 to use as lower organ style. In my case I just use one lead midi out from NP30 to T5 in. It not answering your question but thought I would reply.

There is not much choice for 76er lower keys for an organ like setup..
I really dislike the action of the piaggero..
If there was some great 76 lower midi key, i would witouth a doubt have turned my genos in a dual manual..

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »

Bachus, I do not know whay you mean with your Reply to my Question.

Ronnie

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »

GRAHAM   Thanks again replying

Ronnie

Offline robinez

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 11:06:27 AM »
Hi
I know there are some Forum Members here got both the Genos and Korg PA4X keyboards.
But as I wait for delivery of my Genos Keyboard, I need ask some questions please for Reply.

(1)  Playing Korg PA4X into the Genos , How do I control the Sound going into the Genos.
connect the analog outputs of the korg pa4x to the analog inputs of the Genos, then you can control the volume of the pa4x through the input volume slider on the genos

Quote from: shadowhankron
(2) I will be using Subzero 8" 200 watt Active Speakers from the Genos, What needs switching on First the Keyboards or the Active Speakers first.
Speakers first then the connected gear after that

Quote from: shadowhankron
(3) Finally what EQ or Compression settings should I use on these Active Speakers System on the Genos...., note that I am only for Home Use only, no Gigging.
That depends on so many things, like room acoustics, used speakers system, personal preference. There is no generic answer for this.

Bachus

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »
Bachus, I do not know whay you mean with your Reply to my Question.

Ronnie

Thats because i was not replying to your question, but to Grahams answer..

Bachus

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »
Hi

I do Apologise for all the Questions but would appreciate if some Members could reply with most of the Answers Please, I know this Forum is the Best Keyboard Forum....

Kind Regards

Ronnie   

But to answer your first question...

1) connect the audio out of the Korg to the Genos audio input..
Then you can mix the volume level and set effects in the Genos mixer..

- also you can connect the midi in/out.. (5 pin din) and set it up in a way that you can controll the chords on both arrangers at the same time

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 03:11:35 PM »

Hi Robinez

Many Thanks for your great Reply to my Questions, you have been helpful....Thanks

Ronnie

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 03:13:19 PM »

Okay, Thanks  Bachus for second Reply to my request

Regards

Ronnie