Author Topic: re-naming a file  (Read 24157 times)

trecker1247

re-naming a file
« on: September 22, 2019, 07:40:48 PM »
I have entered a series of items in both Multi Pad and Registration Files.
I have sequentially numbered them as per my gig pad order - ie: 1.01.Tune name, 1.02.Tune name etc
I have altered a couple of entries in the pack and need to change the sequence in both the multi pads and the Registration file.
My question is this
Do i really have to completely rewrite the whole file name to change just one or two letters or number in the file name - say 1.01.file name to 2.01.same file name.
Is there not a way of moving back through the file name without having to delete everything and retype?
If there is i have not yet found it.

The following users thanked this post: mcbrown

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: re-naming a file
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »
You should be able to move the cursor to any position in the name using the Data Wheel.

Note that new characters are inserted above the cursor, so if you want to change a character you will need to delete it, either before or after entering the new one/s.

Regards

Ian

trecker1247

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:32:56 AM »
Thanks Ian.
I knew there had to be a way of doing it but nothing written anywhere that i could find.
You have just saved me a shed load of time as i have over 100 items in one of my other gig pads.

Regards
Tony

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 07:40:19 AM »
Thanks Ian.
I knew there had to be a way of doing it but nothing written anywhere that i could find.
You have just saved me a shed load of time as i have over 100 items in one of my other gig pads.

The other way is to connect the keyboard to your computer, and use it to rename your files. I find this way easier when I have a lot of files to do.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons