Author Topic: My SX900 has arrived.  (Read 390057 times)

Pino

Re: My SX900 has arrived.
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2019, 12:29:31 PM »
Hi Guys :

I really wonder if there is a commercial future for the Genos yet ?

Will people still buy a new Genos whilst the SX900 is available now and ... 50% lower in price ?

Even Tyros4 and Tyros5 owners seem to be very interested in buying an SX900. 

You may say I am crazy and confused but I think only Yamaha can answer that question.
I am looking forward to hearing their reaction soon.

Babette

Don’t get mixed up with all the hype regarding the new 900

Take a listen to a clarinet played on a Tyros 5 or Genos
Then listen to a clarinet played on a SX900
100 miles apart

Sx900 has some new features, touch screen etc. and some new features for EDM players but the sound department hasn’t changed much, same voices as the S950, few new ones.

Do I need a “Rotary switch” on the dash when I can work the rotary speed from a pedal
And that’s been around for the past 10+ years

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice keyboard and I may even buy one.

I played a 900 last week, if your a gigger like me, then the weight and the size may tempt you, but  it’s not a Tyros 5 or a Genos  -  but good enough for a gig or two.

Pino
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:45:30 PM by Pino »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2019, 12:50:41 PM »
Hi all a lot of question but I will try my best to answer.
  Bob cant be a hundred percent sure about registrations. If you post one here I will try it for you. As for styles, if you are using on board styles then the keyboard will pick the nearest style to it. If you mean third part styles then yes they will load and work but if attached to registration banks will most probably need to be relinked.
  Hello John.
When loading in a bank from Genos the first eight buttons will load so you will not have the last two.
Not a problem as most people are used to only using eight on previous keyboards.
  Hi Babette I really do not understand your passion for these type of questions. Of course there will still be a good market for Genos. As I have said before the SX900 is a very nice keyboard but it is not a Genos or a Baby Genos. It uses the same operating system and the touch screen layout is the same but it is still a Yamaha model in its own right. Maybe if you tried these keyboards you would understand more. 

Pino

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2019, 01:05:44 PM »
If you have your present keyboard “stage ready” the it will take you at least a few weeks to get this 900 stage ready.

I thought that when I upgraded from the 950 to the 975 that is was going to be easy.

Well, it wasn’t. I had to go through every registration and OTS and edit everything again.

If your a home player then maybe not so important.

Pino

Offline Bill

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2019, 02:09:56 PM »
Hi Guys :

Will people still buy a new Genos whilst the SX900 is available now and ... 50% lower in price ?

You may say I am crazy and confused but I think only Yamaha can answer that question.

Babette

Hi Babette I really do not understand your passion for these type of questions. Of course there will still be a good market for Genos. As I have said before the SX900 is a very nice keyboard but it is not a Genos or a Baby Genos. It uses the same operating system and the touch screen layout is the same but it is still a Yamaha model in its own right. Maybe if you tried these keyboards you would understand more.

Like Eileen has said I do not understand why you continue to Hijack someones thread for your own topic.

Why don't you simply start a NEW Thread for your questions.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Wouter1972

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »

Babette

Are you sure you want to find out Babette?  ;)

beykock

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2019, 02:50:37 PM »
Hi Eileen :

Most people might be more and more convinced, thanks
in part to your own first impressions and your first " tests " - for which I am very grateful - the SX900 might be called a
 " Baby Genos " and is a great, pro arranger keyboard.

On the internet this statement has been confirmed by the German press today.

I know you disagree but the sales of the Genos might slow down due to the presence of the SX900.

The near future will tell us much more, I guess.

Babette

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2019, 02:53:07 PM »

It’s actually only the customers that can answer the question. I don’t think Yamaha is worried.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Joe H

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2019, 03:58:21 PM »
... the SX900 might be called a  " Baby Genos " and is a great, pro arranger keyboard...

Yamaha has upgraded the quality of both the TOTL and mid-range arrangers.  Genos is the TOTL and the sx900 is the flagship for the mid-range. The sx900 is NOT a "baby Genos"... it is the new standard for the mid-range arrangers. The TOTL will always have more features and capabilities.

Yamaha is just following the conventions since Tyros 1. Genos and PSR sx series are the next generation arrangers.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline EileenL

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2019, 04:33:09 PM »
Babette,
  Why oh why are you so interested in sales of keyboards. Surely this forum is for helping people get the best from there keyboards or asking questions on how to do things. I am sure people do not want to keep hearing if this or that keyboard will survive. We should all be asking more constructive questions on what we have now.
  I have Just posted a song quickly played on SX900 straight to MP3 in performers section. How about doing the same with your keyboard instead of keep going on about what will or will not be in the future. 

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2019, 04:55:43 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Thanks for posting the song, I will go and listen to it.

Since there are so few songs played on the SX900 so far, I suggest you post another topic in the SX forum with a link to your song. Many people might be hanging here who are not used to going to the Performers section. This would enable more people to listen to your song. Also, it will be more visible than in the present topic.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

beykock

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2019, 05:28:42 PM »
A good question, Eileen.

I cannot and will not discuss my professional music life here.

Like more people here, I am very interested in Yamaha's arranger keyboards : new models, specs, features, opinions, competition information and prices.

I love Yamaha's arrangers and their great synths.
Since 2001 I am a Yamaha keyboard user.

I am also learning a lot here about Yamaha's software and applications.
I like this forum very much.

If you believe my questions, my opinion and my input are useless for this forum, plse do not hesitate to tell me.

Best regards, Babette

beykock

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »
Thank you very much for your interesting and useful feedback, Francesco. ☝

Babette

Offline panos

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2019, 06:47:56 PM »
Hi Babette for me the comparisons between Tyros/Genos and PSR S/PSR SX even I never had a top keyboard are that easy:
"No aftertouch and better keybed, no party!".
All the rest...well...ok.

blackpool

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »
Very Interesting E.  Never considered that ... this up-dating to the latest models keeps you sharp !!! ....lol

I will also hope I can convert MF files to playlist, which gave you an automatic reg bank named and ready to load, which was a great bonus on Genos.

Keith

blackpool

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2019, 06:57:43 PM »
Very Interesting .  Never considered that John...

I will also hope I can convert MF files to playlist, which gave you an automatic reg bank named and ready to load, which was a great bonus on Genos.

Keith

Offline mikf

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2019, 09:34:16 PM »
Like more people here, I am very interested in Yamaha's arranger keyboards : new models, specs, features, opinions, competition information and prices.
Babette - the main purpose of this forum is to help people get the best from their Yamaha arranger. While there is of course always some interest in side issues like prices, future models, sales etc, they are not the main focus. And I understand Eileen's comment, because it seems that an unusually high proportion of your posts are focussed on speculation about sales, pricing, and rumors. That might be getting a bit old.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Joe H

beykock

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2019, 11:08:14 PM »
Hi Mike :

Thank you for your reaction.

No problem.
I will no longer bother people here with my questions and/or my comments.
It has never been my intention to hurt people.
As far as I know I never did but ... who am I.

Take care !
Best regards, Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »
Hello Babette,
  You don't hurt people but it dose become annoying when you keep posting the same thing over and over. We have all saved and bought the keyboard that suits us and I for one do not want to hear how popular it will be after a new model comes along be it Yamaha or Korg. It just is not useful information. By all means discus your own findings with your keyboard and how you use it or if you find problems or can pass on any little tips you may find helpful. That is what we are all trying to do.

beykock

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2019, 01:49:20 PM »
Hi Eileen :

Thank you for your reply.

Yesterday evening I have decided no longer to participate in any discussion.
I will follow the daily threads of this great forum though.

Finally I herewith would like to congratulate all present and future SX900 owners of this forum.
Yamaha are manufacturing great products.👍

All the best to you and all other members !

Best regards,
Babette

Pino

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »
Beykock

So, in under 24 hours your back again.

Instead of posting here every 10 munites of the day
Why don’t you spend your time playing your Tyros 5
And upload some of your music here.

We want to hear you play the arranger keyboard.

Waiting 🤔
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:58:07 PM by Pino »

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2019, 03:53:07 PM »
Good afternoon Eileen.I have just bought my sx900 & trying to set things up.I have made my own expansion packs & would like to know if I have to re download the YEM again or can I use the existing one which I used for my T5.I have just tried installing the pack straight from my usb but it comes up with an error.Any help would be grateful.Thank you.Larry Green.

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »
Hi again Eileen.I have just worked the above message out myself & everything has loaded from my T5 into the SX900.Phew!!!Thanks anyway.Hope you are enjoying yours.All the best.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »
Pleased you are sorted.

Offline Colin D

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2019, 09:09:57 AM »
Hi Eileen,

I'm wondering why you would buy the SX900 when you have a Genos, are you unhappy with it, or is it part of a collection please?

Thanks

Colin
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline rgw

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2019, 10:26:00 AM »
The operating system is very similar to genos and touch screen works well and the Keyboard no longer tattles and has a nice feel to it.Yes it dose use some Genos styles and voices and registrations from Genos and the PSR970 load in and will work nicely.
  I have also loaded in a couple of Genos packs and they are working fine.
That is as far as I have got so far. Taking a break before moving on to the other new functions.
  If you are looking for a 61 note keyboard for home use or gigging then it is well worth having a try
of this keyboard if you have the chance to.

Do I understand you to say that you can load in Genos Styles because I have tried and nothing is showing up on the SX900. Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Richard.

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2019, 01:02:20 PM »
Hi Eileen.Sorry to bother you.Having started to explore my new sx900 I have just gone into the playlist section where there only seems to be 6 sample songs.I just wondered if that is all they include now there is no music finder or do I have to download anything else?Many thanks.Larry.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »
Hello Colin,
  I am very happy with my Genos. All I have done is swapped my 970 for the SX900 as it is easier for me to carry to small venues such as Care Homes. I would not part with my Genos for anything. 

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline EileenL

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2019, 01:11:38 PM »
Hello Richard,
  You can load styles from Genos or Tyros 5 plus third party styles. Just select style on the screen and then tab to where the styles are stored  on USB. Have sent you a PM.

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2019, 03:20:25 PM »
Hello Colin,
  I am very happy with my Genos. All I have done is swapped my 970 for the SX900 as it is easier for me to carry to small venues such as Care Homes. I would not part with my Genos for anything.
Hi Eileen,

Not even for the Genos 2...? LoL

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2019, 03:34:04 PM »
Genos 2 is still a way off but who knows.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2019, 03:37:24 PM »

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2019, 06:35:33 PM »
Many thanks Eileen.That's very kind of you.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »
Hey Eileen!

Can you tell if you can tell if VH is on or off on the home screen?
No need to open another screen or function to see this.
This is my curiosity.

Cheers
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline bernamato

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2019, 07:43:17 PM »
Yamaha products UK.

Do you expect price changes in the UK after the Brexit ?
Maybe UK enduser prices might become lower
( USA prices ? ) then than European prices, who knows ?☝

Babette

In case of devaluation of GBP, no. In UK, after brexit, it will be more expansive than in USA.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:45:06 PM by bernamato »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »
Hi Francesco,
  These voices can only be accessed from the style section as on Genos. You can not use them to assign to Right hand voices and play.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2019, 04:35:44 PM »
Hey Eileen!

Can you tell if you can tell if VH is on or off on the home screen?
No need to open another screen or function to see this.
This is my curiosity.

Cheers
Enildo

Yeah ... I guess I'll only know when I have access to the SX900.
I didn't think a yes or no was so complicated.
In October I will be making a trip to London and I think I will have the opportunity to see the SX900 up close and clear some doubts.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!