Author Topic: Speaker off ???  (Read 39916 times)

Offline fredo

Speaker off ???
« on: September 19, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »
I have pressed Utility>>>Config 2>>> Speaker off. Unfortunately the speaker is still on. I tried the reset, hold top C while switching on but that didn't cure the problem.
If anyone has any idea what could be the problem, I would very much appreciate it.
fredo

Offline overover

Re: Speaker off ???
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 10:09:09 PM »
I have pressed Utility>>>Config 2>>> Speaker off. Unfortunately the speaker is still on. I tried the reset, hold top C while switching on but that didn't cure the problem.
If anyone has any idea what could be the problem, I would very much appreciate it.
fredo

Hi fredo,

WHICH Speaker(s) do you mean here? At which socket(s) is / are the speaker(s) connected?

On Tyros4, this parameter affects only the TRS-MS04 Speaker System (connected to the 8-pin MINI DIN socket of the Tyros4). It does NOT affect the MAIN OUT and AUX OUT jacks (they are always ON).

P.S.
To store this setting (if changed) press [Exit] button. (Don't leave the setting display open in the background.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:15:59 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline aldus51

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 10:51:58 PM »
HI overover.. on my tyros2 with TRS-MS04 Speaker System, they are always on...even when I have the headphone jack inserted and in the panel is switched on headphone.
I think my keyboard is faulty.... So every time in need to switch on or off the speakers by the button at the rear
of the subwoofer.
Pity.
Regards my friend.......
Aldus

Offline fredo

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »
overover, my apologies, I should have been more specific...When I wish to play with headphones, I select Function>>>Utility>>>Config 2 >>>Speaker to Off..This is what I have always done, without problems until now..Sincerely hope this helps.

Aldus...On my Tyros 4, after I select Function, Utility, Config 2 I have 3 options under Speaker..Headphones..On..Off. As I said earlier, I select off. Hope this helps.
Fredo.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »
Hi Fredo,

please try the option "Headphone SW" (= Headphone Switch) in "Utility - Config 2 - Speaker".

Now, when NO 6.3 mm plug / adapter is connected on the Phones jack, the original Tyros4 Speaker System should be ON, and when you plug in headphones, the Speakers should be automatically turned OFF.

The two other options are (always) ON and (always) OFF. If the three options do NOT work as described here, there can be a problem / defect with the internal Headphone Switch circuit.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 10:19:00 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 10:24:15 AM »
... on my tyros2 with TRS-MS04 Speaker System, they are always on...even when I have the headphone jack inserted and in the panel is switched on headphone.
I think my keyboard is faulty.... So every time in need to switch on or off the speakers by the button at the rear
of the subwoofer. ...

Hi Aldus,

please try the option "Headphone SW" (= Headphone Switch), as decribed in my last posting. With this option, the Tyros Speaker System should should be switched OFF automatically, when you connect a plug / adapter to the Phones jack.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline aldus51

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 10:34:32 AM »
Hi overover..... doesn't work. I think the keyboard is faulty in  that way.... I got it second hand so maybe it was already like that.
No problem, I will switch off the subwoofer as usual....
thanks again for your very useful help.
Aldus

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »
Try another headphone jack. Sometimes rhey vary a little in dimmentions. Maybe it does not connect well. Or there may be something stuck inside the socket. Remember reading a post where that was the case. You could also try a soft reset to see if it solves the problem.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline fredo

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 06:31:03 PM »
Hello...Tried everything without success..What would I lose if I chose to do a System Restore..Everything???
fredo

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
If you do a complete factory reset you will lose everything, so take backups!!! A soft reset will not delete any of your files, but will effect some settings.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »
A factory reset brings your keyboard back to the status as it came out the factory. Unless something is broken of course. So you will loose all settings you made, everything in user memory etc etc.
Don't worry about the preset styles, demos, voices. These are fixed in non-erasable memory.
Backups of your work is a must!! As we all know.

Success
Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline fredo

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »
Thank you very much Dick
fredo

Offline fredo

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 05:36:16 AM »
I have a pair of Logitech speakers attached to my keyboard and when I play I also have my Tyros 4 speakers on. Last evening, before I attempted a full factory reset, I noticed I still had my Logitech speakers on, so I switched them off...lo and behold the problem was fixed, I can now set my speakers to off and use my headphones, just so long as my Logitech speakers are switched off...Maybe the fact that I am now 82 years of age,probably explains this. lol
fredo
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 05:45:06 AM by fredo »