Author Topic: Any way to assign "Full Keyboard" fingering type? or OS update wish-List .....  (Read 37277 times)

Offline bluali

I was wondering why there is not any function button in Yamaha keyboards for switching the fingering type during live style playing . All Korg PA arrangers have that button. I have used one of the assignable keys(A-F) on my Genos to switch to "Fingered On Bass" mode but there is no option to define the same button or another to switch back to "Full Keyboard" fingering mode.
currently for me it is a hassle during the live performance accessing the menu, find and select the "full Keyboard" fingering . If anybody knows a solution please let us know. I hope there might be a shortcut available for this function which I am not aware of that, otherwise it will be in my wish-list for next OS update.  Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 02:55:57 AM by bluali »
Yamaha (since 1977): YC10, PSR500, TYROS 3/4/5, Genos, GENOS2
GM: WK8,
Korg: i5S, Pa80, PA1X, PA800, PA2x, PA4x, PA5X
Technics: KN3000

Murat

I have the exact question! I have also assigned a button but it reverts back to a simpler form of chord system. That is a bit poor I think and needs to be fixed.
I like to use the bass inversion sometimes and want to revert back to the more intellegent fingering mode but as described above the assigning does not do that.

Offline ckobu

Fingered type can best be stored in Registrations. Just mark the Style box when creating your Registration.

Fingered type can best be stored in Registrations. Just mark the Style box when creating your Registration.
Agreed. A registration setting is the easiest fix. As per Stijn's advice, press Direct Acces > Registration 1 and you see a screen that tells you which registration buttons have which mode.

If you want a wish list item, ask Yamaha to put that stupid list (and all the others) in alphabetical order, just like all computer list default sorting orders have been for the past 60 years!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:24:09 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Luluc

Hi all,

How do we access to the Yamaha wishlist ?
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline ckobu

There are a couple of topics in the forum, this is one with useful suggestions.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,51111.msg399697.html#msg399697
Watch my video channel

Offline bluali

Ckobu, Thanks for the suggestion. Although using registration for changing the keyboard functions is not my favorite thing I  tested the registration option and it didn't work. I tried to use one of the reg-keys for returning me to my default fingering mode " Full Keyboard" but I couldn't find any option for fingering when I press Save button. Maybe I miss something here. if you know how to do it please send me more detailed step-by-step instruction for using one of the reg. keys for changing fingering to "full keyboard" mode. Thanks again.
Al
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:41:26 PM by bluali »

Offline ckobu

Al,
Registration is for Yamaha alpha and omega. I do everything and feed through registrations. In the video, see how to call a full keyboard status. Naturally, the BANK should be stored in the end.

https://youtu.be/Ca70Pf8qdV0
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: bluali

Offline Fred Smith

Ckobu, Thanks for the suggestion. Although using registration for changing the keyboard functions is not my favorite thing I  tested the registration option and it didn't work. I tried to use one of the reg-keys for returning me to my default fingering mode " Full Keyboard" but I couldn't find any option for fingering when I press Save button. Maybe I miss something here. if you know how to do it please send me more detailed step-by-step instruction for using one of the reg. keys for changing fingering to "full keyboard" mode. Thanks again.

As Chobu said, you need to check the style box to memorize the fingering type.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline bluali

Al,
Registration is for Yamaha alpha and omega. I do everything and feed through registrations. In the video, see how to call a full keyboard status.....

https://youtu.be/Ca70Pf8qdV0
Ckobu,
Thank you so much for providing a helpful video regarding using registration. And it certainly help many people. I knew this method. The problem is, this method works only for the "same style" you save and it wont work as a general for all other styles ( I wish it would). it requires you to store the same setting for each style and it certainly works for many people who have time to do so. Unfortunately I have thousands of styles, I want to be free to chose any style from my USB and be able to switch fingering mode while I play without any registration presets. That is the way I play with my Korg. Thanks again for your informative posts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:35:25 PM by bluali »

Offline panos

If you don't use regs how about saving a reg that it will change just the chord type and nothing else?

Copy any style somewhere.
Select the fingering type.
Take an empty registration or create a new one.
Mark just the style in registration's menu and select the above style and save it in Registration button 1.
Select another fingering type and save it in registration button 2.
Save the Registration.
Delete the above style.

Just tested it on my psr and seems to work.
When I push Reg 1 & 2 buttons change just the fingering type.
You must do some tests before you try this method live.Maybe it is also changing something you don't want to change that I haven't found out!!

Or you can use a kind of a similar method.

Offline bluali

If you don't use regs how about saving a reg that it will change just the chord type and nothing else?..............
Hi Panos,
Thank you for the very brilliant idea. I tested and it worked for me. Actually since having my first Yamaha Tyros3 many years ago, I have been using "Registration" keys for Voice, live control, Scale Tune and Foot Pedals. BTW I tried your method and it works perfect. Thank you again for your contribution.
Best.,
Al
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:12:50 PM by bluali »

Offline Bud2

I would imagine it depends on what boxes you tick when saving Registrations.
Bill