Author Topic: registrations and midi  (Read 7100 times)

musikrx

registrations and midi
« on: September 11, 2019, 06:03:41 AM »
Hello again - I'm having a problem with learning how to navigate midi tracks and registrations. The midi track is loaded and the outputs are assigned (bass to bass amp, drums to different speaker, etc...)  then after the song plays, I change songs and then change registrations and the outputs change and I lose all control of my keyboard volume.  Part of the issue is that I don't own the midi tracks and my guitar player won't install them on the keyboard for me to try to work with.  At one time, he did attach the registration to a particular midi track song but since I use the same registrations in a live band setting, I alter them and re-save them but then they aren't saved to the midi track any longer.  I use the midi tracks in a trio version of the larger band.  Lots of the same songs but without the midi tracks so I use the same registrations for both groups.

I use the Genos as an auto arranger at times, at other times as a synth in a live band playing keyboard parts like horns, piano, strings etc.. in splits and then in a sequenced trio with midi tracks. 

Any help would be appreciated:)

Melissa

Offline Fred Smith

Re: registrations and midi
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 12:19:38 AM »
Melissa,

The best way to get help is to attach one of your registrations that you are having trouble with. Then we can take a look at it, and let you know the problems we see.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons