Author Topic: STYLE FINDER Packages (Registr.-Banks to Preset Styles) - My Experiences  (Read 833 times)

Offline Runner4Fun

Hi, Yamaha Genos and PSR-SX900/700 keyboard players,

as a longtime Genos keyboard player and song arranger I became aware of a registration / style Software package that is absolutely brilliant.

It is called "Style Finder" and can be found on this website:

https://soundwonderland.de/pages/de/shop/registrierungen.php#pid-488

The music software manufacturer "Soundwonderland" from Germany (SWL) offered this most interesting product a couple of days ago, not only for Genos but also for the PSR-SX900 and SX700.
"Style Finder" for new Yamaha medium and premium Arranger Keyboards (successors of Genos and PSR-SX-Series) will be updated and costumers who change the keyboard to those successor keyboards get upgrades free of cost.

Anyone who wants to create a new song on Genos based on their preset styles spends a lot of time trying to find the right style. The Genos has its styles sorted in categories that is fairly independent of time signature and rhythm. This means for example, if you are looking for a suitable 3/4 time signature style, it can be found in almost all style categories. An eternal search, trial and find, you bet.
With this "Style Finder" searching and finding is shortened significantly, because the style sorting is based on time signature and rhythms. And all styles of the Genos are considered.
This special sorting is realized by registration banks, where each registration button (Reg.-Memory) activates a style of groups of a certain time signature or rhythm . So you have reg. banks that take into account, for example, all 3/4 time signature styles. This allows a quick comparison between the different styles of the same category. By the way, the registrations don't have a "Tempo event" stored, you can compare those styles within the registration bank with each other at a selected tempo. Ingenious !!!
An overview of the folders which includes those registration banks and an example of a folder with RGT-Bank-files:
SEE attachments !

At present, this new product of SWL is only available for the Yamaha Genos, PSR-SX900 / 700.
... and surely for other elder medium and premium arranger keyboards as well (if there is market demand) and the new successor ones which are expected.
Details see Soundwonderland Web-Page.

Youtube shows videos that explain the use of the Style Finder (also in English or with English accompanying texts).
Here is the link to those videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77m9ZYghx4Y&list=PL7RKP3gUtidoPHOwxkA8QmWu34sg3Ck-K&index=1

The "Style Finder" has become my daily tool and I am very happy with it.
Could be it will be of great values for other Genos players as well.

Many thanks to Heidrun Dolde and her team of Soundwonderland from Germany.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally a note to my person:
The index list to songbooks and songs published in the forum by "Xeenix" is also supported, edited and updated by myself.
The Yamaha Registration Manager of Murray Best was supported over the last years and is supported by myself and in cooperation with him as a point of contact in Germany too.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 04:49:36 PM by Runner4Fun »
Best Regards
Klaus
... with his Genos2

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, loendersloot, Taffinator, srmf