Author Topic: Genos and Cubase  (Read 15184 times)

Offline ugawoga

Genos and Cubase
« on: September 13, 2019, 01:49:53 PM »
hi

If you have Cubase and want to master your own songs
Ik Multimedia have a great offer on a group buy  10x1

Pay £129 for a decent plugin like the Leslie emulations and get  9 plugins free.
all great units.
Also Syntronic is good for the price.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Pino

Re: Genos and Cubase
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 12:29:28 PM »
Where’s the link, Boss?

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
Hi Pino

Here It is                   https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=8092

All the Best
John
Ps,
I went for £129  and got the leslies- with these you have to find out how to apply brake and up and down speeds.
I already had T Racks 5
If you go for it , i would pay the £149 for T Racks 5 and then go from there.
You will not get any other offers like this and it could be up to buy one ,get 10
LATEST -----Now 11 for the price of 1
You have to scroll downwards to see all plugins available in this offer.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:15:03 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Pino

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 09:33:54 AM »
Thanks John,

I’ll take a look there.

Regards
Pino

Online robinez

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 08:00:40 AM »
although tracks 5 is ok, i personally prefer Izotope Ozone and Neutron suite for that. If you are into VST plugins i can highly recommend the following site, they have huge deals all the time and also the Izotope Neutron and Ozone (N2O suite) is often available there with huge discounts.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 11:29:01 AM »
Hi Robinez

I have nearly all the T Rack's effect plugins, so i will not change that now. I am finding them 100%. Only the second group buy which has saved ££££'s
Izoptope is also great.
With my room acoustics sorted which Tommy73  suggested i do and get Sonarworks using Focal Alpha 50's, I have not looked back yet. Paul white from Sound On Sound magazine came down to see me after his other tip and Paul put me right and made the Bermuda Triangle of death for a square room miles better.
I am also learning that small moves and tweaks are doing the job.
Before , when a song was finished ,i kept going back and forth to my Hi-fi to check it out and I was always bass heavy because of the lack of room acoustic panels and a wooden blind for my window angled at 45 degrees to scatter unwanted crossover frequences.
I am still learning  and  I must say the tip you gave me about the feedback loop has worked with the Not Connected over the top of Genos Workstation in the Inspector. Also love the Control room now for Comparing.

All the Best
john :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 11:30:52 AM by ugawoga »

The following users thanked this post: Tommy 73

Online robinez

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 11:39:11 AM »

With my room acoustics sorted which Tommy73  suggested i do and get Sonarworks using Focal Alpha 50's, I have not looked back yet. Paul white from Sound On Sound magazine came down to see me after his other tip and Paul put me right and made the Bermuda Triangle of death for a square room miles better.
I am also learning that small moves and tweaks are doing the job.
Before , when a song was finished ,i kept going back and forth to my Hi-fi to check it out and I was always bass heavy because of the lack of room acoustic panels and a wooden blind for my window angled at 45 degrees to scatter unwanted crossover frequences.
I am still learning  and  I must say the tip you gave me about the feedback loop has worked with the Not Connected over the top of Genos Workstation in the Inspector. Also love the Control room now for Comparing.

I totally agree, room acoustics is a very important thing when you are doing mixing and mastering yourself and sometimes small adjustments to your room can have a great impact on the listening conditions.

Let me clarify why i love Izotope neutron 3, it has a mix assistent that quickly identifies the problems in your mix and setup the system for you to have a great starting point of setting the mix to your own liking. Also very important things as frequency masking are perfectly identified in neutron.

I also have t-racks 5, it's really good, but it also emphasizes on the loudness area in my opinion. it's great to boost your dull mixes but it doesn't really help with the underlying mix problems, so that's why i hardly use it. But i can understand that you like it.