Author Topic: Songlist extras  (Read 19296 times)

Offline shadowhankron

Songlist extras
« on: September 13, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »

Hi

I am awaiting on delivery of the GENOS keyboard, and have never used Registrations etc, I am reading up on the Subject..

I notice there are 10 registrations and one can use all if needed on one Song.,, but can one registration be used to apply  3 songs using two or three Registrations within that bank, and how can I see the three songs on the Screen before I select.

Sorry for difficult question but am getting Prepared for the Genos

Regards

Ronnie

Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Re: Songlist extras
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 12:15:46 PM »
Hi Ronnie,

After you load up the registration bank with one or more registrations, there is a Menu button in the upper right corner of the Registration Screen where you press Regist Bank Edit, and the name you assigned to each registration is displayed. It would be nice to have a dedicated button for that. Perhaps it can be added to an Assignable button. I'll have to check that out.

Edit
I just checked the list of assignable buttons and you can add the Regist Bank Edit function to an assignable button!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:26:43 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Stijn

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 01:07:00 PM »
Pressing Direct Access followed by one of the Registration buttons calls up the Regist Bank Information window.
This window displays the Button name and shows the voices that are available. The Style button opens up a window with Style information.

Owner's manual, p 36 and p 95.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 02:03:17 PM »
Never thought of that, Stijn. Thanks for chiming in. My method requires one less button press, which is very valuable when you're playing live. Every button we need to press while playing on stage is just one more thing to process and distracts us from the job of playing the notes correctly ;).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

gerarde

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »
I assigned an assignable button to regist bank edit.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 02:57:23 PM »
I have assigned the Reg Edit to the C button of the assignable buttons.
I can quickly check the bank on the fly while playing.

Best Regards.

Abby

PS: Oops, I see that Gerard had already answered the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:59:57 PM by Pianoman »

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 03:36:21 PM »

Hi Lee

Excellent, Thanks for that wonderful reply regarding the assiignable button.

Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 03:41:32 PM »
 Stijn........... Abby.................Gerard

Thanks for your replies,  cannot wait to get the Genos, I still play the Korg PA4x  and PSR 970, but I do believe in what I read that thw GENOS is one **** of a Beast to play and enjoy.

Ronnie

Offline Mjm

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 05:55:57 AM »
Every button we need to press while playing on stage is just one more thing to process and distracts us from the job of playing the notes correctly ;).
You got that right!

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 12:26:20 PM »
To be fair, my method works but the Assignable button must be memorized on an "each registration" basis. I assigned that function to a registration but didn't save the registration. After reloading the registration, the assigned button B no longer displayed the descriptions for each button. Using the Direct access button is easy because even if you have eight buttons in a Bank, you only need to press Direct Access > Registration 1 button and all eight button descriptions are displayed. There's no need to re-save the registration.

So I stand corrected :)! Stijn's method is best.

gerarde

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 12:44:42 PM »
If you have a setup registration that includes assignable buttons, you can load that registration and then freeze.
Now all other registrations will have those same assignable buttons.

Gerard

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
Wow !!  This is exciting information from all you forum members on my question, thanks Lee and Gerard and all you wonderful keyboardist lovers.
Hope I will understand  the Genos when it arrived in 2 weeks.🎹🎹🎹🎹🎹🎻🎤🎷🎸🎺🎸🎶🎶🎶

Regards
Ronnie
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:57:00 PM by shadowhankron »

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 01:14:44 PM »
Thanks, Gerard! I keep forgetting about that sneaky little Freeze button. It is indeed a nice sleeping giant, if not disturbed too often ;D.

Ronnie, glad to have you on board. We're just scratching the surface in this discussion. The Genos is loaded with tons of tools, even though in reading the posts in this forum, you come across all kinds of "I wish it had this and that" discussions. It is a huge jump up from the T5 and earlier models.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 02:23:27 PM »
To be fair, my method works but the Assignable button must be memorized on an "each registration" basis.

Not true. You simply don't memorize the Assignables in your registrations, then the assignments won’t be changed. You should memorize only those settings you want the registration to change.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 01:51:33 AM »
I don't understand, Fred. I set Button B to show the Registration details. I loaded another registration and the button had changed. What did I do wrong? My Genos is still packed from a theatrical production but I'll try again tomorrow.

I have to agree with you, now that I think of it. I assigned Button A, a long time ago to always show my mixer settings, and it does! You're right - it is NOT registration dependant. Any ideas? Thanks...

- Lee

gerarde

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 03:23:15 AM »
Lee,
Most have a setup registration.
In that registration set all your assignable buttons and save it.
Then select the setup registration and press FREEZE.
Now no matter what your other registrations call for something different in assignable buttons, the FREEZE keeps your setup ones.
I did the same thing as you and thought I would pull my hair out till I did this..

Gerard