Author Topic: Big Volume Problem  (Read 6372 times)

Aussiejean

Big Volume Problem
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:52:40 AM »
I have a major problem and hope it can be fixed. I have a PSR-S910, and a PSR-S970. I have made a test registration with exactly the same volume and settings.to try on both machines. Setting both keyboards at 12 0'clock, the 910 will lift the roof off, but the 970 is too soft for just one room. Could it be anything else but that  the speakers on the 970 have had it???. I only play both at home so no misuse. Has anyone else had this problem? Cheers Jean. :'(

Offline Patrick

Re: Big Volume Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 07:10:08 AM »
Hi Jean, just check the Equalizer of the S970, it's not the same settings as the S910, all the best Patrick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aussiejean

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 08:21:18 AM »
Thanks Patrick. I will try that out tonight. So great to get some help. Jean.

Offline RoyceM

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 05:02:28 AM »
Jean, this might seem silly, but is the modulation wheel set completely off?

- Royce
DGX-305, Roland E60, S900, S910, S975, Center Point Stereo Spacestation V.3, Bose L1 Compact
PSR Performer page

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »
Could also be the master compressor, which has an 'overall gain' setting. It has quite an effect on the output volume.
Genos

Aussiejean

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 11:59:25 AM »
Patrick. I have copied your settings and it has made a big difference, also on the master Compressor I had the gain offset on -2, so I set it back on Standard and that made a difference. The volume is good now although not up to the 910. I notice that the EQ high and EQ low settings are quite different on each machine, so this could have some effect maybe. On the 910 I just have them set on CONCERT, but the 970  does not give any options only edit them yourself, but I don't think I have changed them from new.
Thanks Royce and Derek - the mod wheel is right down. I am quite happy now that I have not bought a Lemon,  and the difference is just in the settings. Cheers. Jean.  :)

Offline gfraden

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 02:56:02 AM »
Patrick, I agree with Aussie Jean. With touch on and set at soft 2, I still couldn’t get any volume even pounding as hard as I could. Of course, I could leave touch off but I like having some expression control. I didn’t try touch on all voices but it seems to be particularly troublesome on guitars and pianos. I used your settings in the equalizer, saved it as My PSR 970, and it made a big difference. Thank-you.
George