Author Topic: GNS MS01 System for Genos  (Read 32141 times)

Offline Tommy 73

Re: GNS MS01 System for Genos
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »
Incredible set of speakers, but 3 times as expensive as the GNS-MS1. And you can’t fit them on the genos..

For that kind of money, you could buy even better sound, like the Adam A5x or the Eve CS205 and the The Hedd type 05.

Compared to the GNS MS1, these are all nearfield monitors, aimed to sound as clean as possible. Where the GNS are build to sound as good as possible in a living room..

My point, use nearfield monitors when you want to do some professional recordings from your DAW.. use the GNS speakers when you just want to play and enjoy the Genos in your living room?
yes totally agree with you there Bachus...I thought as the ilouds are talked about here this New iloud MTM may of been of interest as they are extraordinary in what they can do for there size... I do have the original iloud's at work with me and they are good for what they are and the New iloud MTM are intriguing but if room permits then a larger quality studio monitor or a very good HIFI system I'm sure will surprise any one wanting to achieve a greater sound reproduction from Genos which it would benefit greatly and surely deserves... I'm running at home my keys though some Munro Sonic Egg 150 mk2 monitors at the end of my setup and hope to demo Genos soon with these which I'm looking forward to hearing... P.s. just slightly a side to this topic if any one is looking for a PA system then do seek out and demo the New yamaha DZR systems very good indeed.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:58:09 PM by Tommy 73 »
Yamaha Montage M8x : Korg PA5X 76  : Roland Jupiter 80 : Waldorf STVC : Roland Integra 7 : Waldorf Streichfett : Focal Trio6 ST6 : Studio Outboards/RME Audio Interface/A&H Mixer :

Offline torben

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2019, 06:19:00 PM »
Dear all

Some time ago I described a problem with my Genos speakers (GNS-MS1). I could almost not not get them to make any sound...

I received several kind suggestions. But none of them worked. So it had to be a hardware problem.

Today I got a brand new cable to connect the subwoofer to the keyboard. That solved the problem!

However this poor and strange cable is not fit to be used with a quality keyboard like the Genos. So easy to damage ...

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline Toril S

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2019, 10:33:21 PM »
I agree, Torben. Lousy cables, and that 8 pin socket is fragile. I remember reading that someone had changed it to audio plugs instead. I am considering doing this (not myself!) on my Tyros sub, but I must have it done in a workshop, and that may be expensive. Good that the problem is solced for you!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Synthfan

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »
Will the GNS-MS01 speaker system work with Tyros 5?

Offline overover

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2019, 02:24:01 PM »
Will the GNS-MS01 speaker system work with Tyros 5?

Hi Synthfan,

NO, the GNS-MS01 speaker system does NOT work with Tyros5!

Tyros5 has no MINI DIN 8-pin connector, the TRS-MS05 speaker system connects to the normal "MAIN OUT" jacks.

The GNS-MS01 speaker system is also NOT compatible with Tyros2/3/4, because the wiring of the MINI DIN 8-pin connector has changed: On GNS-MS01 all needed wires are inside the multi-pin cable, but on TRS-MS02/03 there is an additional cable (for the LEFT satellite speaker), outside the multi-pin cable.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:25:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Synthfan

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2019, 02:26:35 PM »
Thanks Yamaha, well done.

Offline Colin D

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2019, 02:40:31 PM »
Yamaha Stagepas are really good, I use them when I play outside the home

https://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/Stagepas-400-portable-PA-system-package-with-accessories/pid2200900001228
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline overover

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2019, 02:49:34 PM »
Hi Synthfan,

of course, a skilled technician could make a suitable adapter cable (to connect the GNS-MS01 Subwoofer directly to MAIN OUT jacks and also to connect the GNS-MS01 Satellite Speakers directly to the 8-pin cable). But this would be relatively time consuming.

If you need the wiring of the 8-pin socket of the GNS-MS01 Subwoofer, you can contact me by PM.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:51:09 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)