Author Topic: Saving Song Volume  (Read 18545 times)

Brushfo149

Saving Song Volume
« on: September 10, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »
Hello all, Is it possible to save the overall song volume of a midi file without altering all the individual tracks ?  I'm trying to balance the volumes of a few files and cannot figure out how to save the volume after setting it with the slider for Song A.

Many Thanks

Offline overover

Re: Saving Song Volume
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 08:46:27 PM »
Hi Brushfo149,

you can save the overall "Song Volume" only in Registration:

• Load your MIDI file, adjust the "Song Volume" and press "Memory" button. Make sure to have at least ticked the "MIDI Song" checkbox and press the desired  Registration Memory button ( 1 ... 8 ) to memorize the setting here. Then save the Registration BANK.

• If you don't want to use Registrations to call up your MIDI files (but load the MIDI files directly), you can use the "Master Volume SysEx method":

Load your MIDI file in the free Windows program "PSRUTI". Click "Volume" ---> "Master Volume" buttons, set the desired Master Volume value (below 127), press OK and Exit. Click "Save as ..." and type in a new / changed filename to avoid overwriting the original file.

• You can also use the (payed) program "Midiland Midifile Optimizer" (Version X or XI). This program is available for Windows and Mac computer. In the Main window of this program you have 16 Faders for the Channel Volumes plus an additional "Master" fader (to the left). This fader affects ALL Channel Volumes at once. If you are satisfied with the changes made, save the file by clicking "Save as ...".

Note: You should have connected the Keyboard via MIDI or USB-MIDI to the Computer to have the same SOUND as if the file were played directly on the keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:12:19 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Brushfo149

Re: Saving Song Volume
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 09:16:09 AM »
Many thanks Chris, the SysEx method is what I was looking for as I load the files directly.

Brian