Author Topic: MP3s Playlist  (Read 29137 times)

Offline Jewel Palmer

MP3s Playlist
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:02:31 PM »
I have transferred some downloaded MP3s and want to play them one by one from a playlist.  I seem to have some difficulty in getting this to work correctly all the time so can anyone give me easy instructions on how to do this please

Melodies

Offline Robert van Weersch

Re: MP3s Playlist
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
It is explained quite well on page 88 of the Reference Manual.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline Jewel Palmer

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 01:48:16 AM »
Thankyou Robert - I had referred to this page but evidently there is something I am not doing correctly.   I'll have another go.   One of my friends was also having the same problem so there is something we are not doing right.

Regards
Melodies

Offline Stijn

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 10:32:10 AM »
Do the downloaded MP3s play when you open them separately in the Tyros audio player?
The reason I ask is that not all MP3s will be recognized by the Tyros. So, if they can't be played by the audio player, they won't work in a playlist.

You'll find this information on page 78 of the owner's manual:
You can play back the following file formats on this instrument.
• WAV.........44.1 kHz sample rate, 16 bit resolution, stereo
• MP3 .........MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3: 44.1/48.0 kHz sample rate, 64–320 kbps and variable bit rate, mono/stereo

If the MP3s won't play, you can use an audio editing tool like Audacity (free download) to convert and save the MP3s with different settings.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Jewel Palmer

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:45:42 AM »
Stijn -   Thankyou for your reply.    Yes the MP3s do play OK in the audio section of the keyboard.    I do not have to do any conversion although I do have a conversion program.   The only problem is getting the MP3s to play one after the other from a playlist.   

Melodies

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »
Do you have the playlist set to play in the order you want. As you know you can have random settings as well as playing in the order you have on the list.

Offline Jewel Palmer

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 09:46:17 AM »
Thanks Eileen for your message.   I will get back to you about this.  I do not have time just at the moment to look into this.

Kind regards
Jewel

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 03:37:37 PM »
Hi Melodies,

Once you have set up or loaded a Playlist, you should find and Select the first file that you want to play.

If you want to start at the top of the list and the cursor is currently at a different position, you can use the 'G' button to move the cursor straight to the top, otherwise use the #2 buttons or the data wheel to move the cursor to where you want to start.

Once the cursor is at the correct position, you need to select the record by pressing SELECT (#7 buttons) or ENTER under the data wheel.  The record should now be highlighted in the list with green text on a black background and you should see the yellow LED above the Play/Pause button in the Audio Player/Recorder panel controls flash indicating that the audio file is loading.

However, playback doesn't start automatically. It won't start until you press the Start/Pause button in the Audio Player/Recorder controls.

Once it does start, it should continue playing the list according to how you have set the REPEAT function (button A).

Note that the songs in the list must be present at the same storage drive/folder as they were when you made the list. If the OS can't find a file for some reason, it will show an exclamation mark against it in the list.

I have attached a screenshot of a playlist on my T4.  This shows the first record selected and ready to play. A green arrowhead will appear next to it when I start it playing.  It also shows an exclamation mark against the third record.  This is because when I added the audio file to the Playlist, it was on a USB stick, but now the USB device is not connected!  Only those records with a check mark against them can be played.

Playlist mode is explained starting on page 93 of the Tyros4 Reference Manual (English version).

Post back if you still have problems.

Regards

Ian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jewel Palmer

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 11:27:26 AM »
Ian - Thankyou so much for your very detailed message etc.    It will be a great help to me but it will be a few days before I can get back to trying it.   I am now living in a Retirement Village and have been asked to do some entertaining here so I am at present working on a programme for that.   I will let you know how I get on when I get back to trying it.

Thanks again
Kind regards
Jewel (Melodies)