Author Topic: Super Articulation On/Off with MIDI Command?  (Read 5493 times)

a1gene

Super Articulation On/Off with MIDI Command?
« on: August 16, 2019, 05:03:17 PM »
Does anybody know if there's a way to turn on/off the super articulation for voices that have it with a MIDI command, maybe SysEx, that can be inserted within MIDI song data? The articulation is great in most cases, but it sometimes gets in the way in fast passages, and I'd rather keep the continuity of the same sound than change to a voice that doesn't have it.

Janus

Re: Super Articulation On/Off with MIDI Command?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 05:26:19 PM »
perhaps turn the velocity lower on the fast pasages
a lot of effects are velocity driven
the breakpoint is under 75 velocity no effect

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:27:21 PM by Janus »

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »
Gene  you don't say what type of articulation you want to avoid.
For example is it SA eg. stop the shake occurring on brass (set the touch Offset for the voice below the default 64)

Or is it SA2 eg. stop the glissandos on Clarinet, Sax etc. which also interfere with use of harmony on those voices. (They can be disabled for the keyboard in Voice Setting/S. Art2/Joint Off which I have set permanently but am not aware of how this could be done for individual SA2 voices at will).

John
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:46:10 PM by jwyvern »

a1gene

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 12:51:22 AM »
Thanks for your replies. I guess I'm concerned mostly with SA2 on a sax voice that connects notes that are intervals of a 7th or larger with a glissando when playing legato. I'll check out the Voice Setting you mentioned and the MIDI implementation chart to see if there's a command to change it.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »
Gene,
An alternative to globally turning articulation off is to use the equivalent SA2 voices in the Ensemble section for those setups where glissandos would be a nuisance. They can be selected just like the standard presets for non Ensemble use, and have the same tonality but without the automatic glissandos.
John
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:41:04 AM by jwyvern »

The following users thanked this post: soundphase