Author Topic: File customization of other keyboard models (SX900 compatibility)  (Read 8876 times)

Offline ton37

File customization of other keyboard models (SX900 compatibility)
« on: September 07, 2019, 07:01:23 PM »
For your info a short impression what we can expect of the compatibility with other Yammies
++++++++
(Quote & Google translation from German)
'The PSR-SX900 can open files from Genos and Tyros keyboards, including registrations. After my personal experience (H.Dolde), many registrations are accepted without amendment.For the first time in the history of the Yamaha mid-range, there are three right-hand right-hand right-hand voices, which to me represents one of the most important innovations in the PSR middle class. Because that's musically more possibilities, and the compatibility with the top models is much greater. The PSR's punchy speaker system may make small adjustments here and there in the mixer to take drums and bass back in the bass via the EQ. Weaknesses show for me only in the wind and clarinet area, as in the predecessors also. Sometimes they sound a bit thin and sharp, which may have something to do with the reduced Wave Rom memory compared to a top model. But the sharpness you get in the mixer usually under control, when turning the heights in EQ back a bit. By mixing with similar-sounding instruments you can create fuller sounds. The PSR-SX900 does not have Ensemble Voices like the Genos or Tyros5. When you open such a registration bank, no voices are called, and you only get a "--------" message instead of the instruments. All in all, I'm very surprised at the high level of compatibility - even with styles that have been linked to registrations in the revoicten state'

(Source: Heidrun Dolde, DE)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:02:31 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: amateur, Dave Shively

Re: File customization of other keyboard models (SX900 compatibility)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 07:44:27 PM »
so i have custom styles that worked on a tyros 5 and use the tyros 5 power kit and other pre set drum kits and voices so is it possible or has someone made an expansion pack for the sx-900 to have the same pre set voices for styles to use?
because when i play the beats on the sx-900 the voices don't match up and i don;t even think there the same voices
so if someone can help that would be great

thanks

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 07:51:50 PM »
These are my experiences. The registration created in the SX900 cannot be entered in Genos. When I did the conversion with YRM, a problem occurred. Whoever wants, let him try but I would not recommend.

https://youtu.be/TQFge4ZGKEU
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 12:13:17 PM »
As with all Yamaha keyboards you can go forwards but you can't go backwards. Meaning you can use things from Tyros 2, 3,  4, 5,and Genos on SX900 but you can't use registrations on the others from the SX as this is a latter keyboard.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 03:11:45 PM »
But how would it be possible to get the pre set voices from the tyros 5 witch my custom styles use
onto the sx900?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 03:12:07 PM »
That is simple You Can't. You will have most of the voices and Legacy folders on your keyboard except for Super Articulated 2 voices.