Author Topic: Rhythm stop question  (Read 30332 times)

Rhythm stop question
« on: September 02, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »
Hi team.

I have a Reg Bank set up as so:

Reg 1 - piano only full keyboard for ad.lib intro with singer
Reg 2 - Rhythm for song body
Reg 3 - Same as Reg 1 to let the singer do the Outro ad.lib.

Problem: After finishing with Reg 2 content, I use the Ending 1 button, but when I press Reg 3 to play the Outro ad.lib, the rhythm still keeps playing. I need it to stop! How do I do that? This happens with all Regs. Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline panos

Re: Rhythm stop question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 04:23:54 PM »
Hi Lee,
I think you have to save a style in reg 3 and then delete that style in order reg 3 not to play the previous style of reg 2.

Saving reg 3 without saving a style with it, then reg 3 will continue to play the reg 2 style.

If you have already done that,there is a possibility
Ending 1 in reg 2 to have an organ that has not finished yet it's playing although the other organs have finished.
You can see that the style is keep playing for long time and not just for 1 measure (the start button keep following the rhythm.)
So when you press reg 3 the style is still playing in reg 2.
That causes a problem.
You have to find that organ and reduce the time length of the last note (or notes) in style creator's edit tsb
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:27:55 PM by panos »

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »
Thanks, Panos! I'll give it a try and post back :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »
Okay, I gave it a try and used your idea of "deleting the style." You can't really delete the style (I think) but you can turn it down to a velocity of 0. That works great. Thanks again, Panos!

- Lee

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 05:45:01 PM »
Okay, I gave it a try and used your idea of "deleting the style." You can't really delete the style (I think) but you can turn it down to a velocity of 0. That works great. Thanks again, Panos!

Lee,

You can’t delete a preset style, but you can certainly delete a user style. That’s what you should be using for this feature.
But the best way to do what you want is to program an ending with a volume of 0. That way the style will stop for you.

Also, my registration videos show you the various ways you can control the rhythm with registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:48:36 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 05:49:55 PM »
Thanks, Fred!