Author Topic: PSR S-970 can't record auto chords  (Read 95841 times)

Beatle Dave

PSR S-970 can't record auto chords
« on: August 29, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
I'd like to record auto chords without using synch start in preparation for a multi-track recording but I can't find a way to do it.
Any advice gratefully received. Thanks!

Offline hans1966

Re: PSR S-970 can't record auto chords
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »
Hi Dave, I don't understand your question. could you be more specific?. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 10:08:02 PM »
I think there is a way to do by recording your chords as a MIDI file.  Then sync the MIDI with your style. When you start the MIDI and style at the same time, the style will follow the chords in the MIDI song file.

There have been posts in the past about this technique, but I don't know where to find them. Maybe someone will post with a link or give a better explanation than I can give.

If you are talking about pre-recording chords for a MIDI song file, then I suggest you just do the track (channel) with some chords first then follow them with the other channels to complete your recording.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:11:47 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Beatle Dave

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 07:42:52 PM »
Thanks for your time in getting back to me.

Yamaha Tech provided me with a way to get around the problem - which does work but makes a tapping sound when you press the keys and makes for a very annoying recording: use FUNCTION>STYLE SETTING [C] and switch STOP ACCOMPANIMENT from fixed to STYLE and pad with strings.

I'm going to give your suggestion a whirl when I get a bit more time and I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers Dave.