Author Topic: Wow, the SX900 sounds very well ...  (Read 747751 times)

Offline ton37

Re: Wow, the SX900 sounds very well ...
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2019, 07:27:41 PM »
Hi SX900 friends :

IMHO Yamaha are launching " a second highend " keyboard arranger at a price that is approx. 50% lower than the price of the Genos.☝

I agree there are significant differences between both
 " highends " but I am convinced many people, who have the intention to upgrade now or soon, will go for the SX900 and not for the Genos due to the price and the new features of the SX900.

I know most present Genos owners will disagree with my personal opinion. 😻

Everybody is respecting they have a complete other opinion, why not.

Time will tell what Yamaha's strategy will bring the market in the near future.

Will the Genos2 come at the end of 2020 or much later ?

Best regards,
Babette
I disagree Babette. One can adore a (new) Yammie, but be careful not to tear down other models. Have respect for each other's choice for a certain keyboard. That choice is largely based on what he /she can and/or wants to afford . Once I owned a Genos and it was/is a superb keyboard with lot of features, great soundquality and lovely keybed and sooo flexible. The SX can't compete with the Genos. Of course the SX is a great machine, but it stands on its own and in the beginning of a new PSR-line. Don't forget the Genos was the very first of a new Yammie-design/-OT, that's his strenghts and weakness! That means that the roads are paved for the SX and the G2:  they will have it much 'easier' in technologic and production' perspective.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:29:58 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline ton37

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2019, 07:44:22 PM »
FYI: Another Sounddemo of the SX900: just piano ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_rPxJP9fZQ
My best regards,
Ton

Offline pjd

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2019, 11:08:47 PM »
That choice is largely based on what he /she can and/or wants to afford.

Amen to that! I think it's really critical to think about one's needs and goals as a musician and to think about budget. Gosh, this applies to saxophones or kazoos, too.  :)

Comparing keyboard models is useful to the extent that it helps a musician find the most appropriate instrument. Comparison for comparison's sake is fun, but unfortunately, social media all too often gets into unproductive or negative discussions.

Hey, hey, post, but don't forget to play today!  :)

-- pj