Author Topic: Tyros5 Voices  (Read 59708 times)

Offline rgw

Tyros5 Voices
« on: August 26, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the Tyros5 voices will work on the SX900?

Richard.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:14:14 PM by rgw »

Offline pjd

Re: Tyros5 Voices
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:29:12 PM »
Hi Richard --

This kind of question always seems to come up.

Deep down inside, voices depend upon the fundamental sounds -- waveforms -- that are  stored in the keyboard. The actual voice programming is built on these fundamental sounds. Users can edit many of the important characteristics of a voice program (e.g., attack, release, brightness, etc.) and save the edits in a user voice.

If the SX900 has the same waveform as the T5, then Yamaha may have already provided the T5 voice as a preset. As long as that findamental sound is available in the SX900, then it should be possible to move the T5 user voice on which it is based.

If the SX900 does not have the same waveform, then anything else is an approximation to the T5 voice.

The SX900 does not support SA2 voices, so they are completely off the menu.

There are lots of geeky details in voice programming, but I hope this simplified answer covers your concerns.

All the best -- pj

Offline rgw

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 10:19:29 PM »
Hi pj,

Thank you for your reply. Most interesting. From what you say I guess it must be a wait and see situation.

Best wishes,
Richard.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 10:26:17 PM »
Hi Richard,

if you are talking about Expansion voices:

.ppf Packs you have installed on Tyros5 should also can be installed on SX models. For Yamaha Premium Packs, I recommend to ask the Yamaha Support. Maybe they will adapt some of the T5 Premium Packs for the SX series.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 10:37:34 PM »
You can usually tell which T5 voices are "present" in the PSR by comparing the 3x voice nos. that each voice has in the Data Lists. In the cases where all 3 nos. (msb, lsb and program change) match, the waveforms (or voice samples) for those voices will be present so it doesn't all have to be wait and see.  :)

John
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:41:41 PM by jwyvern »

Offline rgw

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 11:09:04 PM »
Hi Chris and John,

I was thinking of the Preset Voices in the Tyros Chris. I will look at and compare the Data Lists John - that should keep me busy!

Many thanks for your replies.

Richard.