Author Topic: Tyros 4 No Sound From Right Monitor Speaker  (Read 27802 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Tyros 4 No Sound From Right Monitor Speaker
« on: August 25, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »
My Tyros 4 Speaker TRS MS404 speaker system is not producing sound in the right monitor speaker. Ive swapped the speakers and cables everything working in the left monitor. Head phone socket is working fine with both channels. Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline Mikk

Re: Tyros 4 No Sound From Right Monitor Speaker
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 12:31:23 AM »
Have you checked and tried this from the manual?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/477795/Yamaha-Tyros4.html?page=110
I Believe in the K.I.S.S. Principle.

There is no cloud. It is storage space
                     on someones computer.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 12:41:32 AM »
Check the plugs on the the woofer at the back are fully plugged in. These can get damaged if pushed against a wall.  A new set of cables can be got from Yamaha. This has happened a few times in the past and has mostly been resolved by replacing this cable.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:13:17 PM by EileenL »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 04:27:16 AM »
My Tyros 4 Speaker TRS MS404 speaker system is not producing sound in the right monitor speaker. Ive swapped the speakers and cables everything working in the left monitor. Head phone socket is working fine with both channels. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi musicalmemoriesuk,

the LEFT speaker signal comes out from the Cinch (RCA) jack, labelled with "TO KEYBOARD L", on the back of the TRS-MS04 Subwoofer.

When you disconnect this Cinch / RCA plug (or the corresponding 6.3 mm Phone plug on the other side of the cable, directly on the Tyros4), then the LEFT speaker should stop working (for testing purposes only).

The RIGHT speaker signal, however, runs through the Multipin cable. You can only disconnect the 8pin connectors (on the back of the Subwoofer and on the back of the Tyros4), check if possibly a Pin is bent or broken and re-connect the Multipin connectors then.

Please check also the short cable that goes to the LEFT Speaker. You can check the other short cable (from the RIGHT speaker) with the LEFT speaker. If the LEFT is working then, the other CABLE is defective.

Otherwise, the left SPEAKER could be defective. For testing this, exchange the two speakers against each other. (But leave the short CABLES in place.)  If the LEFT speaker is working now, the other SPEAKER is defective.

If this does not solve the problem, you should contact a technician.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:08:54 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 06:06:09 PM »
I'm noticed the din connector on the sub cable (sub end) was bent so I'm guessing it's that what is at fault.
I noticed they're quite expensive.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 10:39:54 PM »
I'm noticed the din connector on the sub cable (sub end) was bent so I'm guessing it's that what is at fault.
I noticed they're quite expensive.

Hi musicalmemoriesuk,

if "only" a Pin of the Mini DIN connector is bent, you could try to repair this by using a small watchmaker's screwdriver or sharp-tipped pliers.

The original cable is relatively expensive, but you could also buy a single "Mini DIN 8pin male-male" cable. These are relatively cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/Serial-cable-mini-DIN-Male-Shielde/dp/B001R3ND1C

You could leave the OLD cable as well but use only the "RCA to phone plug" cable from it.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 11:28:47 PM »
I wasn't sure if it was a custom connector, In the description I read it's an apple serial cable.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 11:49:42 PM »
I wasn't sure if it was a custom connector, In the description I read it's an apple serial cable.

Yes, this cable type is also used as an "Apple serial cable". Important is that all 8 pins are 1:1 connected through (what is the normal case with these cables).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:50:59 PM by overover »

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 04:34:00 PM »

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »
I'll answer my own question. The cable arrived today and can say it works great. £6 a lot less that the official Yamaha Cable at £20 + .