Author Topic: T5 Tuning  (Read 17826 times)

Offline Dusan

T5 Tuning
« on: August 21, 2019, 06:54:15 PM »
Hi Guy's

I notic a some strange Tuning on my T5.Ewery note is a half tone lower
then should be.
Master Tuning is on 440 Hz and Scale tune is set to Equal...
I am comper my kayboard with You tube video when you can
hear a Guitar tuning and kayboard is a half tone lover.
What is right tuning? Guitare on video or my T5?

Any sugestion's....?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJxRjWtwmEE
Dušan

If you want to fly,you must first walk....

beykock

Re: T5 Tuning
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 09:01:28 PM »
Would a system reset help you out ?

Babette

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 09:02:34 PM »
Are you sure you don't have transpose set to -1? You might have burned that into a registration by mistake.

Press transpose + and - together and see it that fixes it

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:07:09 PM »
Hi Dusan,

I recorded the audio from the tuning video into Audacity and compared it with my Genos and it seems fine.   I also compared a 440 Hz dry tone recorded from Genos with a 440 Hz tone generated by Audacity and this is fine too.  So if you can really hear a difference on your T5, it must be something to do with the keyboard.

You confirm that you have checked the Master Tuning and Scale Tuning, but I suggest that you also check the main voice part TUNE settings in the Mixing Console > Tune screen to see if they are all at zero.  For example on my Genos, if I set a part to -64 here, that part sounds 1 semitone lower than the reference tone.

If one of these Tone settings is the cause of the problem, then these settings are not saved as system settings, so should reset when you turn off the power.   However they are saved in registrations as part of the Voice group for the Right voice parts, and Style group for the Left.  They are also included in MIDI songs if these have been saved with the Keyboard Voice checked.

Regards

Ian

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
Hi Dusan,

maybe your keyboard is transposed by a semitone.

To check this, press [Mixing Console] button and go to "TUNE" tab. Set all three "Transpose" parameters (Master, Song and KBD) to zero (0) here and close this display with "EXIT".

If this was NOT the reason for the "wrong" tuning, the PITCH BEND wheel could be defective. (Maybe it does not always return to the middle position after bending up or down.)

P.S.
You should also know what the current settings of "Transpose Assignment" are: Press [Direct Access] button and then [Transpose -] button (Transpose minus).

I recommend to select "Song" here, if you normally do NOT transpose the Keyboard. Select "Keyboard", if you want to be able to transpose the Keyboard by using the "Transpose +/-" buttons. I do NOT recommend to select "Master" here.

P.P.S.
The Transpose settings CAN be memorized in Registrations. So, your Keyboard could be transposed simply by loading a Registration.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Dusan

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 10:09:41 PM »
Thank you Guy's for your's queck response.

I check all parameters what you sugest and they are set like shuld be.
I am allso make a factory reset and Test mode.There is no errors...
Strange is cos Style "tuning" and right hand voices is sound's perfectly and "maching".
There was no out-tuning betwen Style instrument's and right hand voices.
Pich band and Mudulation wheel efected just Right hand voices....

I am recording C scale in third octave and please compere with your kayboard's

Thank you

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dušan

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 10:32:29 PM »
Hi Dusan,

your attached wave has exactly the NORMAL tuning!

Maybe your YouTube player is (accidentally) PITCHED for some reason. There are several browser add-ons (e. g. for Firefox) that can pitch the sound of a video.

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 02:03:43 PM »
Dusan,

The WAV file you sent is correct.

Rick D.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »
I totally agree that the wav file you posted is perfectly tuned.

I also ran the WAV file through my Digital Music Mentor program and it is the key of C and at 440 Hz (perfect).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:29:55 PM by DrakeM »

Offline Dusan

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 05:33:57 PM »
Hi Dusan,

your attached wave has exactly the NORMAL tuning!

Maybe your YouTube player is (accidentally) PITCHED for some reason. There are several browser add-ons (e. g. for Firefox) that can pitch the sound of a video.

Best regards,
Chris

Dont know how that can be don, but my driver for Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is faild and that is the reason
for lower pitch on You Tube video's and music from my PC.
Thanks to all who respond and try to help...

Regards
Dušan

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 09:47:20 PM »
Dont know how that can be don, but my driver for Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is faild and that is the reason
for lower pitch on You Tube video's and music from my PC.
Thanks to all who respond and try to help...

Regards

Hi Dusan,

if you have set the sampling frequency in the Focusrite driver to 44.1 kHz, you could try to set it to 48 kHz, because this is the standard setting in Windows, to my knowledge. Maybe that is the reason for the "tuning problem".

I would also have a look to Windows "Control Panel - Sound - Tab Playback - Properties of the Focusrite device - Tab Advanced" and check, which setting is made there for the "Standard Format".
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:02:14 PM by overover »

Offline Dusan

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 10:14:04 AM »
Hi Dusan,

if you have set the sampling frequency in the Focusrite driver to 44.1 kHz, you could try to set it to 48 kHz, because this is the standard setting in Windows, to my knowledge. Maybe that is the reason for the "tuning problem".

I would also have a look to Windows "Control Panel - Sound - Tab Playback - Properties of the Focusrite device - Tab Advanced" and check, which setting is made there for the "Standard Format".

Hi Chris,

My advance seting's on Focusrite is:

16 bit 48000Hz (DVD quality) for standard format

My PC is 64 bit, windows 10 OS with last update.
What will hapened if I change that setings to 24 Bit 48000Hz (studio quality)?

Thank you
Dušan

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 10:38:11 AM »
Hi Dusan,

when you change from 16 bit to 24 bit, the Quality is increased (and the computer have to "work" a little more). But, to my knowledge, this can NOT change the Tuning.

If not done this, I recommend to test the 44.1 kHz / 16 bit setting (CD quality), but if the computer has enough power, I would always use 24 bit resolution.

And don't forget to check also the settings in the Windows Control Panel / Sound, as mentioned above.

If the tuning problem persists, you could try some other Audio Player programs, e. g. VLC Player or Winamp and playback some MP3 files (you know the key). In this way you can check, if the tuning problem concerns the whole computer, or maybe just the YT player. If it's only with YT, I would try another BROWSER first.

By the way: At some Video Players the playback SPEED can be adjusted, and in some cases this also changes the PITCH/TUNING. So, please make sure that the Player (e. g. YouTube) is running at normal speed.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:59:27 AM by overover »