Author Topic: Midi to Audio Recording on Genos ?  (Read 38066 times)

Reg

Midi to Audio Recording on Genos ?
« on: August 21, 2019, 03:49:47 AM »
   I recorded a midi and saved it without a problem on my Genos.  I cannot seem to complete the process of converting (recording) the midi to wave. I believe it is named and audio file 01 but cannot to find the file when i try to save it.   I spent some time checking the new reference manual.  A lot of information there  but I can't find the page that  I need.  Thanks, Reg

Offline overover

Re: Midi to Audio Recording on Genos ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 07:42:00 AM »
  I recorded a midi and saved it without a problem on my Genos.  I cannot seem to complete the process of converting (recording) the midi to wave. I believe it is named and audio file 01 but cannot to find the file when i try to save it.   I spent some time checking the new reference manual.  A lot of information there  but I can't find the page that  I need. ...

Hi Reg,

are you talking about "Audio QUICK Recording" or "Audio MULTI Recording"?

I guess it's "Audio QUICK Recording" in this case. You can find information about it in the Genos "Owner's Manual", page 91. If not done before, download the new version of this manual (filename "genos_en_om_f0") from the Genos download page:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

BTW: Very important is also to download the Genos Data List (filename "genos_en_dl_e0.pdf").

P.S.
With "Audio QUICK Recording" a wave file (.wav) is produced. "Audio MULTI Recording" is completely different to the "QUICK" variant. Here you can record TWO seperate Audio tracks, but in a special Audio format, called ".AUD". To finally get a single wave file from "Audio MULTI" recordings you have to use the "Export" feature. Please refer to Genos Reference Manual, page 90. (Section "Audio MULTI Recording" starts on page 86.)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:58:34 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 08:00:09 AM »
   I recorded a midi and saved it without a problem on my Genos.  I cannot seem to complete the process of converting (recording) the midi to wave. I believe it is named and audio file 01 but cannot to find the file when i try to save it.

In audio quick record, once you have finished, touch Save at top right. It is not necessary to find the file. You are presented with a screen which you can type a name of your own into and it saves. If later you want to find your named file one way is to touch Song B in the Home screen.

John

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 10:36:55 AM »
If you forget to press save and exit the screen just press the A button and on the user section you will see a file with a number like 0001.Just select it and then press File at the top of the page and then select re-name. Name your song and OK it.

Reg

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 02:26:17 PM »
   Thank you Chris, John and Eileen.  I am now able to save the audio recording and rename it.  So easy.  Initially I think I had been trying to use audio multi tracking.  Anyway your help is appreciated.  Cheers, Reg